latest on royal commission as of sept. 18?

by lettersfromthevoid 2 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• lettersfromthevoid
    lettersfromthevoid
    I've been reading the report by the RC. I don't see any mention of JWs at all so far. Other churches were mentioned though. Any news on fines and charges? You know, good stuff?
  • Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

The Commission is very busy, covering numbers of institutions and bodies.They are currently investigating a prestigious public school and they will shortly be returning to its investigation into the Catholic Church (with a cardinal fronting the enquiry), which has been a primary focus.

I have no idea when they will publish its report on the JWs, but you might need to be patient. They are putting out reports and recommendations, although one recent report discussed an enquiry that the Commission conducted 15 months ago.

The Commission has been running for about 2 years, and the investigation into the JWs results from the actions of Steven Unthank (check for him online).

Doug

• smiddy
    smiddy

This Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse by Institutions is not primarily investigating Jehovah`s Witnesses , it covers many organizations , primarily the Roman Catholic Church , the latest to be investigated are Sporting Bodies ,to take place soon.

Don`t expect anything concrete to come out of this inquiry for the next 2 years,at least.And then that will only be recomendations to the appropiate authorities to take action , if action is deemed necessary .

These things take time.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit