Nic's Alternative Xmas Message.

by nicolaou 8 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I've done a few of these over the years but this time it's very simple.

Beware JC, the bearded man who promises salvation and raises the hopes of many. Read his words of division if you're ever tempted to join his followers, or just ignore him and enjoy your life.

Happy Holidays everyone!

• schnell
    schnell

Can I just say how happy I am this holiday?

My lovely wife told me after work last night how she told a customer "Merry Christmas" and the customer was shocked that she hadn't said "Happy Holidays" and she was very confused... And I just smiled as she told me this story. My wife told her customers "Merry Christmas." So, yeah. Things are gonna be alright. :)

Merry Christmas, everybody.

• prologos
    prologos

happy turning of the shadow day everyone, starting today,

in NY the shadows are getting shorter,

in NZ longer.

The shadow, that is how they proved ~ 300 bc, that the Earth is not a circle but a sphere.

• rebel8
    rebel8

But seriously...I came here to say this. To all those ex-dubs who are feeling awkward or disappointment at Christmases missed...Merry whatever you want it to be. Don't set yourself up for sadness too much. Grieve over things you missed, then let it go.

Feeling awkward? Join the club. Just find joy in what you can and leave the rest. There is no honor in torturing yourself with bad memories.

Ex-JW Christmas Soundtrack

• prologos
    prologos

axial tilt, my day is fulfilled. thanks rebel8. great follow - up!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Merry Christmas to everyone.

• Landy
    Landy

Today we celebrate the birthday of a man born long ago who changed the world before he was 40 years old.

Sir Issac Newton born 25th Dec 1642

• schnell
    schnell

Today we celebrate my parents' anniversary. Because a long time ago my dad figured nothing would be open.

• prologos
    prologos
    Today we celebrate my parents' anniversary. Because a long time ago my dad figured nothing would be open.

and hey decided to change that. a good opening move, and the rest is history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit