The Watchtower Joins The Catholic Church

by Voyager 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Voyager
    Voyager

Jolene Chu is a Holocaust researcher, and book writer for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Jolene has joined and sits on the American Research Committee, at St. Joseph's University. This is a Roman Catholic Interfaith Private University. Jolene works closely with James N. Pellechia, (Director of Public Affairs Watchtower). James N. Pellechia is listed as a NGO with the Armenian National Committee Association. ANCA is one of the largest Political organizations in the world.

To find out who Jolene Chu is go to: www.seva.net:8090/pipermail/holocaust/2000-june/subject.html when you get there, click on the holocaust memoirs letters next to Chu Jolene, you will see a wtbts.org web site for Jolene.

To find out about St. Joseph's University go to: www.sju.edu/community/mission.htm There you will find, Roman Catholic History of the University.

To find out who sits on the American Committee for St. Joseph's go to: www.sju.edu/events/scholars_conference/acknowledgements.htm Jolene Chu is the first name listed under American Committee.

To find St. Joseph's Interfaith statement, go to: www.sju.edu/events/scholars_conference/

To find James N. Pellechia listed as a NGO Holocaust Organizer, go to: www.anca.org/anca/actionalerts.asp?aaID=16 When you get there scroll down all religious organizations, that have joined in Interfaith and work jointly as Holocaust Task Force members.

The Watchtower Society admitted in the Watchtower, February 1st 2002 issue page 13, of taking part in Sweden's Government program called LIVING HISTORY. They made brag of how their Holocaust displays, resulted in a 30 per cent increase in Bible studies.

Governments all over the world, are involved in educating and reminding young ones about the Holocaust. Children of today know very little about the Holocaust, and many doubt that it ever happened. So because of this, teaching, educating, printing, and letting the world know about the Holocaust, is very big business.

Watchtower officials rubbed shoulders with Government officials, Prime Ministers, Bishops, Clergy, and high Political figures, yes even Presidents when they took part in the Living History Project. A 30 per cent increase in literature sales, also wet the lips of the Watchtower. It is such a shame to see the Governing Body, make their bread and butter off of the dead.

• Derrick
    Derrick

These associations are shocking beyond belief. After seeing the organization sliding down that slippery slope for the past 12 years, your commentary made me realize that (a) I'm reaching the point of saturation and "overload" in trying to internally process the implications of these kind of reports about the Society; and (b) where I think I see a "bottom" to this slippery slope is starting to look more and more like the overhang to a seemingly bottomless canyon. I have a sinking feeling we are going to soar over that overhang like they did in that raft scene from Indiana Jones in the Temple of Doom. I just hope we land in the rapids face-up and survive the waterfall down river if you catch my drift...

Derrick

• sf
    sf

And as you scroll the 'Pellechia' link, this is provided: Sample Letter

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing to express my profound disappointment with the exclusion of any mention of the Armenian Genocide from the upcoming Holocaust Memorial Day program on January 27th.

While I fully support this worthwhile commemoration, I am extremely troubled that the Turkish government has been allowed to pressure our government into compromising on this fundamental human rights issue.

The absence of discussion on the Armenian Genocide is particularly troubling given that the Steering Group's Statement of Commitment specifically notes that its mission is to "promote education and research about the Holocaust and other genocide... to make sure that the lessons of such events are fully learnt."

It is my understanding that the reasons cited by the Home Office for excluding mention of the Armenian Genocide were that such mention would somehow detract from the "contemporary relevance" of the commemoration and risk diluting its message by including "too much history." I respectfully disagree. In fact, exactly the opposite is true.

No discussion of genocide can be considered complete without appropriate consideration of the Armenian Genocide. The Holocaust Day memorial programs should include a careful examination of the implications of the Armenian Genocide for the systematic massacres which followed - including the genocide of European Jews, Gypsies, and Poles by Nazi Germany, and those that followed in Cambodia, Rwanda, and elsewhere.

The inclusion of Armenian Genocide is all the more important given the Turkish government's ongoing campaign to deny this crime against humanity. It is the responsibility of all of us who share a commitment to human rights to reject this shameful campaign and to resist any politically motivated efforts to deny or cover up genocide, past or present.

In recent weeks, we have seen the European Parliament, French Senate, and Italian Parliament all adopt Armenian Genocide resolutions Pope John Paul II, on November 9th, issued a powerful statement on the Genocide of the Armenians. The consideration of the Armenian Genocide, rather than including "too much history," would help illuminate the patterns and precedents of genocide in the 20th century.

I respectfully call upon you to take immediate steps to formally protest the exclusion of the Armenian Genocide from Holocaust Memorial Day.

Sincerely yours,

Sample Phone Script

(The phone will be answered by a receptionist. Ask to speak directly to the person handling the planning of Holocaust Memorial Day activities. If he/she is not available, leave a written or voice-mail message.)

Hello,

I am calling to ask you to protest the exclusion of the Armenian
    Genocide from the upcoming Holocaust Memorial Day program on
    January 27th.

While I fully support this worthwhile commemoration, I am extremely
    troubled that the Turkish government has been allowed to pressure
    our government into compromising on this fundamental human rights
    issue.

No discussion of genocide can be complete without appropriate
    consideration of the Armenian Genocide. The Holocaust Day memorial
    programs should include a careful examination of the implications
    of the Armenian Genocide for the systematic massacres which
    followed - including the genocide of European Jews, Gypsies, and
    Poles by Nazi Germany, and those that followed in Cambodia, Rwanda,
    and elsewhere.

I respectfully ask that you file a formal protest with the
    Government and contact me with the result of your actions. I can
    be reached at ________________.

Thank you.

Background:

Genocide is a crime like no other. It literally means to murder or to try to murder an entire race.

The Armenian Genocide of 1915 to 1923 was committed by the Turkish government of the Ottoman Turkish Empire. One and a half million innocent people were murdered. At that time, the leaders of the United Kingdom, France and Russia condemned these "crimes against humanity". Newspapers from all over the world provided extensive coverage of the Armenian Genocide.

Correspondents for the Times wrote about entire towns in Turkey where "the whole Armenian population... numbering some 10,000 souls, was thus exterminated" (22 May 1916. Times, London). And where "women and children... were subjected to brutal treatment" (21 December 1915. Times, London).

In 1916 the British Government commissioned Viscount James Bryce to compile evidence in regards to the systematic and deliberate destruction of the Armenian people. He presented over 150 documents, which recounted eyewitness descriptions of the massacres. These documents were published as 'Treatment of Armenians in the Ottoman Empire, 1915-16'. It remains to this day one of the most compelling works on the Armenian Genocide.

Raphael Lemkin, the scholar and historian who invented the word 'genocide,' explained its definition as being what "the Turks did to the Armenians, and the Germans did to the Jews". Since that time, many governments, institutions and parliaments all over the world have recognized and commemorated the Armenian Genocide, including, just this year, the French Senate, the Italian Parliament, and the European Parliament (for the second time), as well as the Swedish Prime Minister and Pope John Paul II.

Despite the overwhelming evidence the Turkish government still claims that the Armenian Genocide never took place.

• blackguard
    blackguard

Hi Voyager,

I am not surprised to see the corporate WTS involved in any manner of intrigues. However, Is Jolene Chu a jaydub or simply a non-jw contractor? Does anyone have a dossier on this person?

• sf
    sf

blackguard,

You can ask her directly here:

[Holocaust] study guides for Holocaust memoirs
    [Holocaust] study guides for Holocaust memoirs. Chu, Jolene [email protected] Fri,
    2 Jun 2000 12:44:02 -0400: ... Many thanks for your help. Jolene Chu [email protected]. ...
    fido.seva.net:8090/pipermail/holocaust/ 2000-June/000317.html - 3k - Cached - Similar pages

And a few other hits:

Forward, You Witnesses - The Controversy of Erich Frost
    ... Erich Frost - Watchtower Leader and ... You may seek further documentation (most of it
    in German) by writing these archivists, Jolene Chu in Brooklyn and Johannes ...
    www.virushead.net/forwardtruth.html - 15k - Cached - Similar pages

Here, Kent's 'best friend' is mentioned along with the other two klowns:

[PDF] A - 1 SUMMARIES OF PROPOSALS RECEIVED BY THE SPECIAL MASTER
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    Page 1. In Re HOLOCAUST VICTIM ASSETS LITIGATION (Swiss Banks) SPECIAL
    MASTER'S PROPOSAL, September 11, 2000 R&O-671622.1 A - 1 SUMMARIES ...
    www.nyed.uscourts.gov/pub/rulings/cv/1996/671622.pdf - Similar pages

More related hits:

' [PDF] ASC Final Program.qxp
    File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
    ... for the Righteous Among the Nations, Yad Vashem ... Catholic Isolationism in the United
    States: Impediment of ... Seminary (Chicago, IL) Jolene Chu , Jehovah's Witness ...
    www.kean.edu/hrc/scholarsconf/ASCProgram.pdf - Similar pages

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit