Money woes show it ain't the truth

by OnTheWayOut 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognac
    cognac
    Vidiot - True. You just can't win with them, lol
  • mrquik
    mrquik
    Nice cut n paste punk. Best laugh I've had all day!!!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Page 3 replies:

Vidiot, I always felt that elders and the organization should protect the children or support the innocent victims when an issue like sexual abuse comes up, and that Jehovah would protect the reputation of the organization if there was a pedophile or serial killer among the members. I think I am saying something along the same lines:
    If it were truly "God's Earthly Organization" then survival should not be at risk.

cognac, they will indeed argue such a way. They would conjure up images of prostitutes and cigarettes and bling and shiny objects and the "air" of the world in Satan's power. Still, it would seem Jehovah will make sure the magazines are paid for if He wants them out there.

sparrowdown, I think we are used to that. Good things prove they are right. Bad things prove they are right. Everything proves they are right.

• Sabin
    Sabin

In the u.k you have to pay a licence every year for the privilege of having a television in your home. I remember one time you had to do the same if you owned a dog (Dog licence). I think the WTBTS should bring out a CART LICENCE, shall we say $50 per cart every year. Yes you have to pay for the privilege of sitting on your arse for a few hours a week. Make the pioneers pay for it as their the ones using it the most.

What do you think, should I send my idea to them?

F.I.G.J.A.M.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cognac - "True. You just can't win with them, lol"

Win?

I'd be happy just to break even! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

x

Seriously, though...

...I'd actually be inclined to use what I said as a counterpoint if any of them actually tried to use your "putting God to the test" argument in a conversation.

If nothing else, it'd get 'em to STFU. :smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

Sabin, I think the organization is registered as a charity in thd UK - as such the JWs cannot be taxed for any of their public "work". Besides, taxing the paraphernalia religious groups use in public would create a huge legal backlash.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Page 4 replies:

cognac, no- you can't win them all.

mrquik, punk did add a good one. Glad you laughed.

Sabin, I think each town should have a license fee for each cart. But I get your point.

Vidiot, that's a good response. Say it nicely. STFU please.

steve2, bring on the backlash. I wouldn't just charge Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sparrowdown - "...with faith being such an exact science and all..."

I gotta remember that one...

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Punkofnice... stop it ! ... My stomach hurts now...
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry, took a break.

Vidiot, Calebs Airplane, thanks for stopping in for your laughs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit