Money woes show it ain't the truth

by OnTheWayOut 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon
    Somehow I think the WTS will make it into their followers not being faithful and generous enough.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Jehovah owns the whole Universe, all the wealth in it whatever the form of that wealth, why can't he stump up a few Billion to tide his Organization over 'till the Big A ?

Why can't Big J manage his Current Account ?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Page one:

ToesUp, it's sad that many of them wouldn't recognize your comment as sarcasm.

JW GoneBad, it is stuff like that sheet that shows they are using (in their own words from the opening quote) "the various begging devices in the name of our Lord" and that to such a Lord, it would be "offensive, unacceptable to him, and does not bring his blessing..."

cognac, they told congregations to set a monthly amount and suggested ways that it should not be small. They have just asked for something like 2 thousand dollars from an average sized congregation for the C.O. expenses. They have had videos about contributions. The May 2015 episode of JW Broadcasting had Stephen Lett revealing a shortfall between projected income and expenditures for the forthcoming fiscal period. As part of the 2015 program of conventions for Jehovah’s Witnesses, a video was released that portrays a young girl holding a coin in her hands while in a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, imagining buying an ice cream cone after their meeting. She then sees her mother putting money in a contribution box at the Kingdom Hall, and rethinks her plans for her coin. She envisions new Kingdom Halls being built along with JW literature being produced, and then happily puts her own money in the contribution box as well.

I see these things as "all the members have been hearing is how they have to cough up more."

Stealth, it goes back to George Carlin: Jehovah "loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

But did you ever feel coerced? I gave what I wanted when I wanted. I never felt pressured to do something I didn't want to do. That was just my experience.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I hate the video of the little girl giving her ice cream money to the Org.

I shall never again donate $ to the Org. It is something we can all resolve to do here in this forum.

SL

• steve2
    steve2

I hate the video of the little girl giving her ice cream money to the Org.

To be fair, their will be plenty of opportunities for Sophie to have icre creams in the new system.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Start Page two replies:

Simon, I agree. I will tie your thought in with Mad Irishman's thought.
    The average member can give what he wants and nobody will say anything personally to him. It's a beautiful thing, but at the same time that member is bombarded by all those things telling him that the congregation isn't donating enough, the attendees at the assembly are not donating enough, the need is great and the members are not showing their love and faith in Jehovah, but are taking too many vacations or wanting nice things in their home when they don't need them as badly as the Governing Body needs a heated pool in that cold NY state climate.

Plus Mad Irishman, YES- as a member of the body of elders, I felt "coerced." We had shortfalls and they asked each elder to give a set portion of that if they could (and you better back up your "I can't do it.") As a member, after dropping twenty bucks in the box at the assembly, then hearing how they are still several thousand dollars short, I felt coerced to drop in more. Maybe nobody would know, but members are trained to know that Jehovah knows you can skip a decent restaurant tonight and settle for less while out of town for the assembly.

Phizzy, He's just no good with money. Somehow, He just can't handle money.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Music and videos very mind controlling.

That video of that little girl giving her money is very impressionable on young minds. To control young minds let's say of age group 4-13. I think that in itself will start to make most Dubs wonder.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

steve2, it's the same story. Hold the carrot (or ice cream cone) in front of the little girl- "You can have it in Paradise while petting a lion."

Beth Sarim, that is a good point. But your point depends on parents that don't blindly accept whatever crap WTS puts out. Still, I imagine some start to wonder.

• cognac
    cognac

I have a question about some of the real estate being sold. In 2013, they made an agreement to sell the below properties:

"The properties, familiar to Witnesses from Society publications, include the five factory buildings 117 Adams Street; 175 Pearl Street; 55 Prospect Street; 81 Prospect Street and 77 Sands Street. The tallest of the newly-sold buildings, 90 Sands Street, is a 30-story residential building completed in 1990 to house up to 1000 Bethel workers and visitors."

However; completion of this sale isn't until 2017. So, have they already received the 375 mil or are they not getting that til 2017?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit