Just finished my DA letter

by pr_capone 30 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Well.... after talking alot about doing it but never actually doing it, I have decided to go ahead and write up my DA letter. Here it is!

February 13, 2003

Prairie Park Congregation of Jehovahs Witnesses

Dear Mr. Grier:

My name is Eremic Granell, you know me as Eric Rowe. I write this letter to advise you of my decision to disassociate myself, as I no longer want to be known as one of Jehovahs Witnesses. I have thought long and hard regarding this decision, and I have no doubt that it is the right one.

I believe that there are times in ones life when he/she must stand up and take control of their lives. The amount of unscriptural control exerted by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society upon its members is appalling. Mostly this control is done through fear. The loss of family and friends is held over a person. While "in" there is the threat of censure through judicial committees. Individuals are not only told to be fearful of God but of each other (must report "sin" to the elders) and not only of what YOU do but also fear of what you might make someone else do (stumbling them resulting in blood-guilt). People are taught not only to fear behaving in a wrong way but even taught to fear their own thoughts which is one of the reasons they give up thinking.

How do I know this to be true? I know from personal experience. At the advice of ELDERS, my own mother disowned me. Her exact words were I dont ever want to see you here (her home) unless you are hungry. If you have nothing to eat, you can eat here, thats it. I was cut off from what matters to me the most, my family. I was not allowed to see Alex or spend any time with him. I would stop by and visit and I was not even allowed to hug my own brother. This came about because an ELDER kept whispering in her ear how evil what I was doing was and how I would affect Alex. In the span of one year, I was able to see my little brother less than 15 times. The Jehovahs Witnesses break up families like mine every single day. Many young people my age are left with no family and friends because they thought differently than what the organization teaches. To this day, my mother and I have a very strained relationship because of this.

I remember giving a talk once from the reasoning book regarding false prophets. The point in the reasoning book was how if anyone making a prophecy that did not come true, even if all others did, is still a false prophet. Russell claimed that millions how living would never die back in 1925. Of course those people all died. Then in the May 1, 1999 Watchtower it was written Yes, it is true, as the apostle Paul says, that all creation keeps on groaning together and being in pain together until now-but not for much longer. Millions now living will see the restoration of all things of which God spoke through the mouth of his holy prophets of old time, including a restoration of peace, freedom, and justice to the whole human family. The same prophesy, which never came true the first time, re-hashed.

What about the involvement of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society with the United Nations? I call to your attention what the Watchtower Bible and tract society had to say regarding the United Nations in the Watchtower 10/1/97, page 7, box on the bottom of the page. I then also would call to your attention the following link. http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirSubj/sub0D9A2.HTM . The Watchtower Bible and Tract society quietly rescinded their membership with the U.N. on October 9 2001. How can ANY organization claiming to be Gods representative here on earth be so two-faced? On one hand, you are telling the members of your congregation to have NO PART OF THIS WORLD, yet on the other hand the WTBTS was registered as an NGO with the United Nations! In order to educate you further as to what being an NGO involves, I am including a link directly from the United Nations web site that I hope you take the time to look at. http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/brochure.htm

There are many other reasons as to why I no longer want to be known as one of Jehovahs Witnesses. I do not have the time nor the desire to explain them all. I will limit it to saying that I do not want any part of any religion that covers up things such as child abuse. I do not want any part of any religion that shows nepotism. I do not want any part of any religion that would cover up the sins of the more popular members or the children of Elders or Servants. There are numerous other things but again, I do not have the time nor the desire to go further.

Im sure that you will read through this letter and dismiss it simply saying that my thoughts and actions are the end result of my having a worldly girlfriend, or worldly association. I want to assure you that I have had these doubts and reservations for years now, fear of loosing everything I had worked so hard for kept me from saying anything. All the thoughts that are expressed in this letter are my own.

I hope that the elders that read this letter do so with an open mind. If you have any doubts, any at all, ask questions. Do not settle for answers that are given by the publications of a publishing company. Get the answers straight from the bible. Although it is considered an apostate act to study other religions from any source other than what the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society provides, do so, if only to become fully informed as to what other religions believe. I have read the Mankinds Search for God book many times. It is lacking in many ways. The only was you will get the truth regarding what another religions beliefs are is to ask someone (preferably a priest of some sort) of that religion what it is that they believe and why. If and when you do so, keep an open mind. You may be surprised.

Enclosed you will find, in case there is any doubt, a copy of a letter (names have been deleted as to protect the identity and family of this person who wrote to the UN) from the United Nations with some specific information regarding the membership of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

In closing, I would like to be added to the do-not call list. I do not want to be visited for encouragement. I do not want to receive any phone calls. I would like to be left alone so I can live my life the way God would want me to. Free from the control of any earthly organization, but only what is found in the bible.

Sincerely,

Eremic Granell / Eric Rowe

Edited by - pr_capone on 13 February 2003 16:40:5

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I also attached this letter to my letter, HUGE thanks goes to jgnat and viv for helping me find this.

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

another testimonial bout the "truth" that leads to eternal lies.

the ivory towers must fall

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Congrats, PR!!!

Jackie

• Been there
    Been there

Very good letter pr_capone. I was proof reading (I did it for a living) and there are some things your spell check didn't get. I have a list if you want to e-mail me. Please don't think I'm picking it apart. The Elders probably would'nt notice.

• cornish
    cornish

PR that is very,very good,let me take this oportunity to wish you the very best in all your endevours.

By the way you say you are young,how old are you may I ask? It seems you have been through a heck of a lot and your letter is very well thought.

• Celia
    Celia

Very good ! If only more JWs who have doubts would speak up and not let fear keep them back...

Russell claimed that millions how living would never die back in 1925.

I believe it was Judge Rutherford who said that. Russell died in 1916.

Edited by - Celia on 13 February 2003 6:28:9

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

been There

Very helpful and kind of you Been There.

Celia, It was Rutherford.

Guest 77

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Good letter pr_capone!
    There is only one problem...It was Rutherford, not Russell who said
    "millions how living would never die" back in 1925.
    Caballo Sentado

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

PR - I take my hat off to you.

Very well written, and you have expressed yourself so eloquently and clearly.

A model letter, it may be useful to others either lurking here on this site, or those whom are contemplating doing similarly.

Very well put.

Welcome to Freedom!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit