Cuz I'm the TAX MAN

by Yerusalyim 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

JESUS H. CHRIST and OUCH!

Went in to the accountant to do my income taxes this year. Between my wife, myself, and our rental property that has to be counted as income even though my mortgage is larger than the amount I receive in rent income my Gross income for the year was $50,000.00. Homer didn't get a dime back from the government and actually ended up having to pay in an extra 38 bucks. My total tax bill for the year on that income...$1150.00. I had been counting on getting a return this year since I took a $3000.00 Loss on the sale of a home, etc NO LUCK!

All things being equal I'd rather do it this way and not give Uncle Sam that free loan, but this year, I REALLY could have used an infusion of CASH!

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

You'll have to let me in on your secret, Yeru. I also own and I'd be happy to only pay $1188. I paid over 10x that amount to the feds alone.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My secret, I count my bookie and stock broker as dependents.

No, not really. I do have two kids and a wife I get to count, I was able to claim the $3000.00 loss on the sale of my other house. I gave $3100 to my church, I had $8000 in interest I was able to deduct, I was able to write off all my cleaning bills (uniforms are about $5 a pop to clean), and a few others. All in all, not too bad.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Yeru-

I paid that much to the great state of California. California has pretty much done away with all deductions for this year because of the crisis were in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit