Anointed Demographics?

by StinkyPantz 6 Replies latest social current

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I was wondering if there was a list of the "annointed" demographics. Like, how many in each country; or of the ones in the US, what is the break down as far as how many Whites, Blacks, Hispanics, or Asians, there are? It seems to me that since there are approx. 6 million JWs, and 1 million live in the US, then only 1/6 of the anointed should be American, right? So that would mean that only around 1400 should be American, unless of course God favors Americans to go to heaven.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Most should be american since most JWs at the time of 1935 were also JWs.

• Liberty
    Liberty

Good Question StinkyPantz,

One of the dumbest tunnel visioned teachings of the Watch Tower Cult is that so many of this imaginary "Remnant" would be white Americans living in the early 20th Century. Even when I was in I wondered how so many spots could still be left open if 144,000 was a literal number. Just the first few centuries of "pure" Christians who were tortured and killed by the Romans for their believes should have filled this number not to mention the "true" Christians tortured and killed for the rest of the 1700 years after Christianity turned apostate (in the Watch Tower's view) up until the founding of the Watch Tower Society ("real" Christianity reestablished in their view). Since so many of these folks died for their beliefs they couldn't have gone bad and needed replacing. I just had a hard time accepting that so many slots were left for spoiled Americans whose worse persecutions included a night in a modern jail cell or being chased out of town by a mob. This belief is stupid enough on it's own time merits even before considering the race/culture bias Ol'Jehoover must have if the Watch Tower is to be believed. If the number was sealed in the early 1930's yet most of the future growth takes place in areas outside the USA it seems pretty unfair. The whole thing is obviously made up nonsense.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Agree, good question Stinky, and excellent breakdown of the facts, Liberty. Seeing your explanation, it amazes me how none of that ever even crossed my mind during 11 years as a JW. It is so obvious now. There was a thread about this last October which I had found fascinating: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38198&page=1&site=3#518633

Beliefs, Doctrine & Practices
    stichione

WTS puts foot in mouth and downplays sacrifices Oct 7, 2002 21:59

In a Watchtower magazine article of September 1, 1951 entitled "Hated for his name", an era of 10 persecution of Christians is discussed. But just to show how little insight the writer of this article shows, it goes on stating:

-It is said that in the year 95 alone some 40,000 suffered martyrdom

-In a single month 17,000 were slain

-In the province of Egypt alone, 144,000 such professed Christians died by violence in addition to another 700,000 who died as a result of fatigues encountered in banishment or under enforced public works

The figures above total 901,000 and represent only the larger numbers of executed Christians, not the killings that occurred in small and isolated pockets here and there. These died faithful to Christ because they refused to compromise, or were killed simply for being Christians.

The same article goes on to say:

And is it the same today? The experiences of Jehovah's witnesses would seem to prove it so. In the same manner as with Christians of the first few centuries they have been falsely labeled as seditionists, Nazis, communists, capitalist American spies, and generally 'haters of everything', depending upon where they happen to be and whatever will make them the most readily unpopular. But the facts prove their accusers the haters and their acts simply a fulfillment of part of Jesus' great prophecy for these last days: "You will be hated by all the nations on account of my name."

Nice so far, right? No, because the letters, comments and telephone calls must have started to come in fast, because only 4 months later the WTS printed this Question from readers in the January 1st 1952 Watchtower magazine:

*** w52 1/15 62 Questions from Readers ***

According to the article "Hated for His Name" in the September 1, 1951, Watchtower, hundreds of thousands of Christians died in the "ten persecutions" starting in Nero's time, 144,000 dying in Egypt alone during one of the persecutions. How can this be harmonized with the Scriptural limitation of 144,000 placed on the number being in Christ's body, and which position was the only one open to Christians during those centuries?-J.A., Dominican Republic.

The article did not class with any finality the individuals that died during these persecutions, but spoke of the results in a general way. Note that a key qualification was made in the case referred to in the question: "In the province of Egypt alone, 144,000 such professed Christians died by violence in the course of this persecution, in addition to another 700,000 who died as a result of fatigues encountered in banishment or under enforced public works." The victims are identified as "professed Christians", not Christians in fact. Many of those persons might have been caught in the wave of persecution, but may never have actually preached the truth or followed in Jesus' footsteps, being only professed Christians. They knew the world they lived in was rotten and they were listening to the message of the Christians and willing to die for it even though not in line for the high calling in Christ Jesus. Many professed Christians today might be willing to die for their faith, but still not be Jesus' footstep followers and meeting the Scriptural requirements for such.

Imagine that! The article of Sept. 1951 actually means that those who died faithful to Christ were probably over 1 million during the first few centuries. So that if 144,000 was a literal number for the maximum number of people going to heaven, then it would have been reached by the end of the first century. But that can't be so!!! So they had to backpeddle past to keep the 144,000 teaching as the correct one.

It's sad that they make comments like "but may never have actually preached the truth or followed Jesus footsteps, being only professed Christians". It belittles their sacrifice they made to live a Christian life and to die by it.

• Liberty
    Liberty

This was a great post Grits!!

I had no idea that the Society had made such a big boo-boo in one of their own publications even. Their stupidity is only surpassed by their arrogance. How dare they question the faith and sacrifice of people who suffered horribly and died under conditions that most of them have never even imagined. I'm an Atheist and still would never presume to call such faithful ones "professed Christians" since they died for their beliefs they are without question Christians of the highest order. If I were Jesus and I could choose for my co-rulers a bunch of spoiled Americans who died peacefully in their beds at 90 or people who were tortured, maimed, mutilated, burned alive, eaten by wild animals, etc. because of their belief in me....uhmmm... let's see...that's a hard one.

How these Governing Idiots can spin the crap they feed us and still sleep at night is only more amazing than the fact that so many of us once believed it. The whole heavenly/earthly class distinction is yet another in a never ending selection of wild speculations which, each on their own, prove the Watch Tower Society to be false at every turn. The 144,000 as a literal number doctrine doesn't even fit in the Society's own warped and twisted cosmology, like most Watch Tower make believe nonsense. It's such confusing crap that it looks like "deep" spiritual understanding but now we know it's just crap piled higher and deeper.

• bonovox
    bonovox

((((((((((((((((((((((STINKY PANTZ!!!!!!!))))))))))))))))))))))))

How ya doin girfriend? 'Member me??

Hope your ok....would love to talk to you...still know how??

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Yeah, I remember you but don't remember your email address.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit