I think I might be able to get my sibling out...gently

by BeautifulMind 8 Replies latest jw friends

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    So, my sibling and I are the only ones still in. As I mentioned in one of my posts I am fading out. The other half of my family are either df, da or stopped going years ago. We never shunned one another. Anyway, I put a casual question to them about the org. today, just to kind of feel them out. I asked their feelings on the org and if they ever felt something wasn't right or if they were totally fine with it. I was pleasantly surprised when they said they always felt something was off, but kept it quiet because they didnt want to be judged.. I let them know we could talk about it anytime, we feel the same, and no judgement. We live in separate states so Im looking forward to discussing this further and giving him the information I have. It may not turn into anything, but I am hopeful.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Baby steps.

Good luck,

Doc

• millie210
    millie210

I am happy for you Beautiful Mind.

You put that question to him very delicately and non judgmentally. Thanks for sharing how you approached it.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY NEW YEAR! MERRY XMAS! HAPPY EASTER! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! HAPPY THANKSGIVING! HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY! HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

BASICALLY, WELCOME TO THE WORLD WHERE EVERY DAY IS A HOLIDAY!

I LIKE TURTLES BY THE WAY.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

You put that question to him very delicately and non judgmentally.

Years ago, my older brother approached me very aggressively. I didn't know at the time he was just trying to wake me up because he loved me and wanted to get me out. I felt like he was attacking me and so I just blocked him and everything he was telling me out. Had he approached me differently, it may have been effective. So I just remembered that experience and tried to do the opposite with my younger brother hoping for a better, open outcome in establishing some dialogue.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Nicely done BeautifulMind -

Softly, softly, catchee monkey

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Well done BeautifulMind:)

You might find some aspect of Cofty's approach helpful..

www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/443510001/nice-old-dears-tried-witness-me-today?size=10&page=1

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The feeling that "something was off" in the Org became stronger and stronger the older I got.

To paraphrase Morpheus, "it was like a splinter in my mind".

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    I agree with you Vidiot, same here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit