Christ and the Levitical Feasts

by SwedishChef 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

In the work and person of Christ there Is a Fulfillment of the Levitical Feasts.

The Feast: (Lev 23)
    1 Passover (April)
    2 Unleavened Bread (April)
    3 First Fruits (April)
    4 Pentecost (June)
    5 Trumpets (Sept.)
    6 Atonement (Sept.)
    7 Tabernacles (Sept.)

The Fulfillment in Christ
    1 Death of Christ (I Cor 5:7)
    2 Holy Walk (I Cor 5:8)
    3 Resurrection (I Cor 15:23)
    4 Outpouring of the Spirit (Acts 1:5; 2:4)
    5 Israel's Regathering (Matt 24:31)
    6 Cleansing by Christ (Rom 11:26)
    7 Rest and Reunion with Christ (Zech 14:16-18)

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Nice Post SwedishChef!

Thanks!

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Keep up the good job Sweed.

I've been busy doing some studying on this new view of Paul that is croping up in reformed circles. It down plays the imputation of Christ as our basis of our forensic declaration of rightiousness. It is propogated by N.T. Wright, Tom Wright, James Dunn, who are Brittish anglican scholars, Norman Shephard (who was kicked out of the OPC for illicit views on sola fide), sadly Doug Wilson and John Armstriong have Jumped on the bandwagon.

So I'm studying to defeat this abrerent-herretical view. My motto is "If you mess with the gospel of free grace we are going to mess with you."

I'm going over classical reformed systematics like Berkhof, Hodge, Dabney, and Reymand plus Ive been reading great books to back up the classic reformed position like Justification by Faith Alone by Philip Everson published by Day One and John Pipers new book Counted Rightious in Christ published by Crossway. Plus reading solid BT books like Vos's Pualine Escatology and following the litteral gramatical historical redemptive exigetical method to chunch out a solid exigigs in defending Sola Fide from the Text against the attacts of the Papists and the new view of Paul groupies....

keep up the fight,

jr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit