• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is not the first time:

• blondie
    blondie

Here is my response from Mr. Bennet

Ms. Courteau heard about the Roundtable and volunteered to
    speak. You should contact Ms. Courteau, who lives in Elkins. I, of course,
    desire an accurate representation of each of the denominations.
    Thanks for contacting me, Dick Bennett
    OMNI CENTER FOR PEACE, JUSTICE, AND ECOLOGY
    Corner of Maple and Storer in Fayetteville in Presbyterian and Disciples
    Student Center
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HA HA HA HA! Blondie, you rock!

Here's the reply I got:

Subject: Re: Question about tonight's meeting
    Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 02:44:54 -0800
    To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mr. xxxxxxxx, you are the second person to notify me of this situation today.

Ms. Courteau offered to present for J'sW, so I put her on the program. Now this morning she phoned to say she could not. If she was not a credible representative of J'sW, then I am glad she withdrew, even though she was on our printed program.

Dick Bennett, President
    OMNI CENTER FOR PEACE, JUSTICE, AND ECOLOGY
    Corner of Maple and Storer in Fayetteville in Presbyterian and Disciples
    Student Center
    Contact Dick Bennett ([email protected]; 442-4600)(website:
    http://comp.uark.edu/~jbennet/omni

• LDH
    LDH

So they want an accurate representation, huh??? Do any of you live in the area? Wanna have some fun? Why not go as a Rep for the JWs.

You can then proceed to piss off and isolate everyone by sharing with them some WT quotes which basically say their religions suck ass. And, that they should plan on dying "real soon now."

LOL.

Wish I lived there.

Lisa

Accurate representation Class

• wednesday
    wednesday
    So much shit to stir, so little time; after all, Armageddon is right around the corner!

LOL now what if the sis is one of our own, she may have planned a little fun and here we have spoiled it all.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped
    Ms. Courteau offered to present for JW's, so I put her on the program. Now this morning she phoned to say she could not.

Looks like this Thread may have had a little impact in that decision, eh?

• minimus
    minimus

Who said the Society isn't influenced by these boards?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Naa-Naa Naa-Naa Booo Booo!

She got in trouble!

• David2002
    David2002

I believe you misunderstand the Witnesses definition of interfaith. They believe that interfaith involves a sharing of false beliefs and participating in a religious function with other groups- such as praying together.
    What the article you cited is referring is a discussion of different religious group and their beliefs regarding peace. Certainly, Jehovah's Witnesses are not shy about discussing their beliefs even in a group setting. Jehovah's Witnesses have participated in programs in the past in which other groups were involved in discussing their beliefs. For instance a few years ago a television program on beliefs of life after death included several clergymen from various groups, representing the Budhist, Evangelical, Jewish, Catholic and Jehovah's Witness beliefs. This, of course, was not a interfaith meeting, since the Jehovah's Witness minister was able to prove from the Bible that the beliefs the others were espousing were wrong and non-biblical. In the same way, the discussion on the viewpoints of peace have nothing to do with JW's joining an interfaith forum.

• gumby
    gumby

Here is another doo-zy,

Last week a 80 year old JW man died. In the Obituary it said he was a LIFETIME member of a foreign war group. It said an elder would officiate, and then a commander from the foreign war gig would speak! A witness service with a war vetran speaking too? Blew me away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit