Brooklyn Assembly Hall

by worf 15 Replies latest jw friends

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Man, it seems like the borg is pulling out of NYC as if it were about to blow up or something.

Interesting indeed.

• MikeMusto
    MikeMusto

no the assembley hall in flatbush has not been sold. Was just

at a Circuit Assembley there 3 weeks ago

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Mike:

Was just

at a Circuit Assembley there 3 weeks ago

My sympathies to you Mike. The Flatbush assembly hall has to be in one of the worst neighborhoods in Brooklyn. The walk from the assembly hall to the subway stop is frightening.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Nathan, re Greenpoint Avenue Asembly Hall: you're right on all counts and I also share undercover's preference for preservation of historic buildings. Typically, the Society often emits mixed signals that confuse rather than clarify. One the one hand the message is to distance and purge oneself of any vestiges of paganism in the interests of spiritual purity; on the other hand (the recent article on Hawaiin luaus being one prominent example, and another older one on decorations such as the Fleur de Lys), they see no objecfion to the use of those they deem to have long lost their association with their original symbolism.

How can anyone take these guys seriously?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

They covered over the pagan symbols at the assembly hall?

I seem to recall a brother telling me that we will be safe in a KH during Armageddon because only buildings of false religion will be destroyed. He said we would never want to be in a building of false religion when Armageddon came because the building would be destroyed with us in it.

He told me that it would be dangerous to be in a building of false religion at any time because Armageddon might happen to come while we were in the building.

With those things in mind... I have a few questions...

1. Will the assembly hall with the covered pagan symbols be spared during Armageddon?
    2. If so, won't some piece of false religion then survive Armageddon in the form of pagan symbols?
    3. If the assembly hall is destroyed during Armageddon, would that not mean that many "faithful servants of Jehovah" will be forever destroyed - unable to be resurrected?

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Anyone have any confirmation on the sale of this Assembly Hall or any other ones in the area?

If it's true I'm tripping on how quickly they're pulling out of NYC. It's one thing to move the printing facilities elsewhere due to cost, but why sell the Assembly Halls???

Either they

• Anticipate lawsuits due to the blood issue and/or paedophilia.
    • Are seeing a drastic decrease in donations and members.
    • Are led by Freemasons and therefore are aware of a plot to nuke NYC, and want to get as much monetary assets out of harms way before D-day - they of course couldn't sell everything because that would be too obvious after the fact.
    • or none of the above.

What say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit