Meditation answered my vital questions!

by iconoclastic 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

Some time back, I was listening to Sara Lazar, a neuroscientist at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, one of the first scientists to take the anecdotal claims about the benefits of meditation and mindfulness and test them in brain scans.

That day I thought I should test meditation myself. Though I reaped many benefits (physiological and mental) over a period, what I want to share with you is the spiritual benefit I got.

One day, I had thought about questions such as: why many conflicted religions, what is the key to happiness and so on. That day, during my meditation, I had an illuminating thought thrown to me (by God, I believe):

“Religions are the products of the time and circumstance in which they were all born, and their scriptures are just like mirrors of people of that time, hence differ from one another. I have put the guiding principle in the sun which is known for its eternal duty—to give light and heat (which reminded me of Gen 1:14-16 and Mathew 5:44-48). Then I asked myself: “But how many people can know this by themselves?” Then came this thought: “People derive certain amount of happiness from whatever they choose to do.” But if they want real, and lasting happiness, they have to adopt the principle behind what sun does—practice of giving light (wise living) and heat (be empowering) to others with no thought of receiving anything in return. People will soon or later will come to this realization—each one in their own time. No need of haste as time is infinite!”

This brought an end to my search for meaning and happiness!

• fukitol
    fukitol

Uh huh, mm hmm, ok, uh huh...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good for you icon. Don't be surprised if others don't share your view. That's life.

It is good however, to be positive to one another despite systems of belief. I don't believe in god but the kingdom does lie within.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Icon: If it's made you a happier person without harming others, I'm happy for you!
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    I really hope we're not being punked by another brahma kumaris.
  • iconoclastic
    iconoclastic

SecretSlaveClass thank you for that

punkofnice, You believe in one thing, yet you respect another’s belief! If everybody were like you, this world would have been a paradise. Many people are prisoners of their own beliefs which were created by ego, which is actually a pseudo-independent entity, with induced sense of separation, though in reality there is no such thing as ego. This recognition is an intuitive `seeing' because in this recognition, even ego is seen as a thought, it is an attachment to a false image of what I am not. Yet people make their lives miserable because of their disagreeing and unyielding nature shaped by their ego

Now back to the subject—Knowingness or awareness is our true nature. It's this unchanging background, awareness along with information-of-object, that constitute thoughts, enabling knowledge of objects. So, what constitutes our experience is the projected knowledge of the world in the form of thoughts whereas we feel we are experiencing the world directly. Captivated by thought, all we experience is its composite dynamic form. However, through meditation, awareness dawns as witnessing of the objects of awareness—without the coloring by ego, and you come in contact with the truth by direct perception—unmediated.

So there is freedom in awareness, in meditation!

• DesirousOfChange

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit