Temporal Anomalies in Time Travel Movies

by Simon 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• Simon
    Simon

I love time travel movies ...Back to the Future, Millenium, the Twelve Monkeys etc...

I just found this great site that analyses / explains some of the time travel 'twists'. For instance, in Twelve Monkeys you are seeing the 6th or 7th iteration of the timeline. Interesting reading if you can get your head round it all !

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/6040/index.htm

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Terminaror 3 is on it's way.

http://www.terminator3.com/

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The new Terminator is the Skynet T-X played by Kristanna Loken... What a Hottie.

She can Terminate me any day.

• Mystla
    Mystla

I love that sight! I only read a couple pages, but so far it's great! Thanks Simon!

Time travel theories have always facinated me. I'm one of those annoying people who, after the movie, go on about how this or that wouldn't be possible, and paradox, etc. Drives everyone nuts, until they eventually point out that it's fiction and no one said it was possibe. (their way of saying "shut up already!)

I always hated it when star trek would kill off somebody that you knew they couldn't kill off... you knew they were going to have to "fix it" by having some kind of time anomaly.

I need to see Twelve Monkeys again, I've only seen it once and it made my head spin! My SO and I argued for quite awhile over possible interpretations of that one!

Thanks again for the link, Simon. I'm going to go read some more of it now

Mystla

• avishai
    avishai

Any dr. who fans out there?

• Ed
    Ed

Any dr. who fans out there?

<raises hand> Guilty.

Somehow the bad costumes and cheesy special effects made it all the more entertaining.

However, the award for "Most Convoluted Time Travel Paradox Plot" would have to go to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

• Mystla
    Mystla

OOH OOH I love Douglas Adams!!! I seriously cried when I found out he died!

Mystla

p.s. so long, and thanks for all the fish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit