Watchtower & Sex

by JH 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you think that witnesses in general have a good sex life? With all the pressure they have to produce and assist meetings, they have less time left on their hands for other things, like sex. Asked to be spiritual, reading the bible, talking about God and angels, takes their mind off sex. And the constant reminder that sex is so bad, may finish by decreasing the libido of some. The Watchtower also decides what kind of sexual act is acceptable for TRUE christians. Is it any of the Watchtower's business what kind of sex married couples have? Is your sex life better since you are out of the org?

Edited by - jh on 16 December 2002 7:18:17

• Mary
    Mary

Well I'm not married so I'm not a good one to ask, but I do know that all my Witness friends who DID get married at 18 or 19, didn't end up liking sex too much.......not sure if it was because it had been engrained into their brains that it was bad, bad, bad, or that their hubbies weren't doing it right..........by the way, I'm talking about my FEMALE friends - I don't think there's a guy on planet earth who doesn't like sex (except maybe Michael Jackson.......who was a JW at one time.....)

• chezza
    chezza

Interesting topic, I think that sexuality and the jw's has always been and always will be a touchy subject, on one hand they are very upfront with sex education, they advise parents to be very upfront with educating their children with what is right and wrong, and they even go to the point of interfering with the normal sex relations in a marriage, what i find very hypocritical though is the way they cover over child molestion, suddenly they have a sexual issue that they dont know how to deal with so they leave it alone, except when it is done by another religous group, lets say the catholics, when i was a dub i can remember how many times they would speak about this issue in the watchtower or even in the talks showing how unchristian these religions are because of their bad fruits. Now the shoe is on the other foot and dare we say they are showing their true works by covering up these trangessions by fellow members. All i can say is shame on the society for being so vocal about what a husband and wife can do under their own roofs, and in the same breathe allowing by not speaking up, molesters to prey on the innocent children.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I quote my ex-wife:

Oral Sex? Don't you know how ***WRONG*** that is?

No, I didn't.

The organization has shown how wrong it is.

Um, OK, I wish you had told me you felt this way before we were married, hun. You remember, back when we were enjoying oral sex as a substitute for full-on sex, because we were waiting until marriage. This is a startling change of opinion on your part.

Oral sex is what homosexuals & lesbians do.

Um, so is kissing and holding hands and mutual masturbation. Are they wrong too?

(scowling look) We have to listen to The Society. They have the holy spirit.

The above is a "composite conversation" and is not intended to be an actual singe conversation.

My first marriage involved a lot of dry humping. It wasn't good for me, and it wasn't good for her. And I have no doubt that the root cause of the problems were the "attitude adjustment" my ex has received at the hands of the logic-butchers at WTBTS.

Edited by - Quotes on 15 December 2002 22:23:10

Edited by - Quotes on 15 December 2002 22:24:24

• larc
    larc

Do JWs have good sex? Only if they pray before, during, and after sex. If they are not in the mood to pray, they can always study their Watchtower lesson during sex.

• Quotes
    Quotes

larc, have you met my ex-wife?

As for praying during sex, this is something that I think my new wife does, briefly near the end. She keeps screaming "God, oh GAWD!!!!"

Does that count?

Edited by - Quotes on 15 December 2002 22:34:10

• Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

JH,

Still in and sexual life quite well! Hubby seems pretty satisfied thus far!

As I told inquiry minds in the past: "What happens in my bedroom, behind closed doors, there's exactly where it stays."

Most importantly, we're both satisfied; that's ultimately what counts for me... for us.

The Society has come up lately with some info/articles about respecting people's privacy and dignity. I guess they've done it to protect from actual law suits, so I enjoy playing their own words back and keeping intruders away.

Take care!

• freedom96
    freedom96

With my first wife, we were young, brought up as witnesses, and sex was terrible. Too many things she remembered the WTS saying was taboo. I think more of it was her, as apposed to the WTS having involvment, but it sure didn't help.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Sex life in the BOrg? What's that? the once in a blue moon "paying of the marital dues"? My 8 yrs marriage while in the BOrg resulted in a very close sexual realationship with "rosie palmer" while my wife was lying next to me. Oral sex? if it was on her...it was okay....if it was for me? Hell, no...that's wrong and disgusting and satanic...etc. Of course that didn't stop her from being a total Co*k-Hound when she started whoring around while I was gone.

Sexlife now is fulfilling with new wife. Ain't ever had it so good. What we do in the bedroom is none of anyone else's business and if an elder ever asked about the subject, I'd tell him to kiss all of my hairy white ass because it's none of his G.D. business.

Coon

• Vee
    Vee

Is my sex life better since I left the org?...well I now actually have one!!!

I was raised in the borg since very young, lost my virginity when I was 17 to my "worldly" boyfriend. The sex was horrid, despite the fact that I wanted to enjoy it I hadn't by any means thrown off all the guilt about engaging in this most disgraceful act! I went back after a year out and 6+ years since then I'm now out of the org and in a very strong relationship and have a fantastic sex life. Although my boyfriend often says how cute it is that I still giggle when I think certain things are "naughty".

I remember reading a Greek philosophy that stated that good regular sex helped to prolong life. Whenever one of those threads comes up about how much time did the WT borg take from you, I will be sure to mention the lack of sex that has decreased my life span.

V**

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit