Take a look at this.

by Monster 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Monster
    Monster

Everyone knows how the jws teach you must be a jw in order to survive, well look at this qoute from the seventh day adventist:

Everson, Charles T., The Mark of the Beast, reprinted from Bible Lectures by permission of Pacific Press Publishing Association, owners of the copyright; Washington, DC, Hagerstown, MD, Review and Herald Publishing Association.

This booklet is being circulated in the Seventh-day Adventist Church, and is a clear explanation of a Seventh-day Adventist doctrine , namely, that people who worship on Sunday have The Mark of the Beast of Revelation, and will be lost eternally. Hereby, the Seventh-day Adventist Church sets herself apart and makes the claim that only she contains true Christians. It is therefore an important booklet, and if it can be refuted, then several of the Seventh-day Adventist positions and doctrines fall.

What do you think of that? I wish there was a jw around who could give us an opinion on that quote.

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

Why would a jw's opinion of this article be of any importance?

• Monster
    Monster

I didn't say it would be important I just would like to hear what they think about the quote..

These people have more in common with jws than I thought. I am still reading I found this..

Founder, Editor, Bible Believer's Ministries, Miami, FL USA (305) 372-9790 [email protected]

This study will be on the 7th Day Adventist. This cult began in the early 19th century by William Miller (1782-1849), who was a FALSE PROPHET! He predicted that the Lord Jesus Christ would return to Earth in glory on Mar. 21, 1844, and later on Oct. 22, 1844! Neither prophecy was fulfilled!

Edited by - Monster on 12 December 2002 2:48:46

Editing to add this

Therefore, the cult was instituted by a Bible rejecting HERETIC! Furthermore, he was a LIAR because he spoke presumptuously concerning the second advent of the Lord Jesus Christ. One can't help but think of the Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) who stated in The Battle of Armageddon, Studies in the Scriptures, Series IV, 1897, p. 621, "But we ARE in the end of this Gospel age, and the KINGDOM is being established or set up. Our Lord, the appointed KING, IS NOW PRESENT, since October 1874, A. D., according to the testimony of the prophets..."

He compared them with the jws teachings. I had no idea. This is all very interesting to me.. Well see you all in the morning..gnite

Peace James

Edited by - Monster on 12 December 2002 2:54:55

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

They have much in common because the WT is rooted in adventist movement- plenty on that subject on other ex-jw sites.

• Monster
    Monster
    They have much in common because the WT is rooted in adventist movement- plenty on that subject on other ex-jw sites.

Ahhhh, now it makes sense, thanks..

• asortafairytale
    asortafairytale

My mother is a dub, and the whole paternal side of my family is seventh day adventist. They're both crazy.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Actually the adventist links are a good way of getting dubs to think a bit. My dub friend has an adventist as a return visit who is really making her wonder about it all! I bet their conversations sound wierd to outsiders!

Sirona

• Prisca
    Prisca

Interesting reference, thanks Monster.

• Quotes
    Quotes

JWs and SDAs, and most (all?) other religions all boil down to the same (logically fallacious) arguement:

We are the True Religion(TM) because no other religion believes what we believe, and no other religion worships exactly how we worship. When you consider all the world's religions, ours is the one that most perfectly fits our description of what a true religion should be. Therefore, all other religions are false and ours is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit