WTS Bills Cong's who don't donate enough $$$$

by Cappuccino OC 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

In a thread about the new WT video on Kora, two posters mentioned that the WTS sends out bills/statements to the congregations that don't send enough money for the literature/study materials/videos, etc.

Two different posters mentioned in the thread "Letter read out to congregations" (page one) one bill was for 2K and the other one for $1,400. ( I'm assuming U.S. dollars)

This doesn't sound right. If they are a non-profit and can only ask for dontations sending a bill would have to be money that they need to account for in their taxes somehow as income to uncle sam.

Did anyone keep copies of these "Bills"?

If there are copies why not certify one or several by a public notary & forward them to the IRS. The IRS would most likely like to get some $$$$$$$$$$ that has been over due by the WTS.

The WTS will probably tell all the JW's that are being attacked by satan failing to address their "scams" for money.

Capp

sorry edited for typos - haven't had my cappuccino this am

Edited by - Cappuccino OC on 8 December 2002 7:45:7

Edited by - Cappuccino OC on 8 December 2002 7:47:19

Edited by - Cappuccino OC on 8 December 2002 7:49:7

• archangel01
    archangel01

What you said is true.Once a month they read a progress record/report right.Maybe to make us feel bad so we give more money. What if noone could give any money, then what. Then on the platform they will be using some kind of guilt trip to make us give. Doesn't the Bible say you give FREELY and ask FREELY. Doesn't say make them feel CHEAT so they can GIVE more. Hey times are rough now and if I can only give a dollar thats NUN of your business and if someone has a problem with that then expletive deleted

Edited by - archangel01 on 8 December 2002 8:37:40

Edited by - Englishman on 8 December 2002 19:24:34

• JT
    JT
    WTS sends out bills/statements to the congregations that don't send enough money for the literature/study materials/videos,

while this is true, from my understanding there is some little provision in the tax code that allows them to do this since the congo is an extension of bethel, they can't ask for money from the Public, but internally they can-

it has to do with how it is done and legally from my understanding they are coming in just under the wire- and they can send out these monthly statements

pershaps someone who knows tax law can comment, but it has to due with the structure of the congo, their relationship to headquarters, and the Pubic

• Amazing
    Amazing

Any non-profit organization can send out bills and charge for services and not pay income taxes ... the issue is not whether they bill a customer or not ... but whether they make a "profit" ... additionally, the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is a not-for-profit """religious""" organization, and as such, are exempt from income tax liability - even IF they have """surplus cash""" held over at the end of their fiscal year ... as long as that cash is used and recapitalized into their operation, and no dividends (profits) are paid to shareholders ... then they are truly a non-profit organization ... it's that simple.

PS: The Watchtower Society, as any religion CAN ask for money from the public in the form of donations, and they CAN bill public (non-JW) organizations the same for services ... again, the issue is that they are not making a profit, and that they are a religion, exempt from tax liability ...

Edited by - Amazing on 8 December 2002 9:52:58

• JT
    JT

amazing

thanks for the IRS info

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Jt & Amazing,

Thanks for your clarifications. I thought somehow my idea was too good to work.

Capp

Edited by - Cappuccino OC on 8 December 2002 11:0:7

• Roddy
    Roddy

JT >>while this is true, from my understanding there is some little provision in the tax code that allows them to do this since the congo is an extension of bethel, they can't ask for money from the Public, but internally they can-<<

Interesting. I didn't know they can do that. You learn something every time.

I'm more convinced than ever that the WTS is governed by lawyers and accountants, not by the GB.

• avishai
    avishai

Well, that's fantastic! It shows another link between this "publishin company" & so-called "independent kingdom halls" the obvious dodge they are trying to use to avoid lawsuits at the top

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit