Memorial or insult?

by NikL 8 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

Let me preface this with a disclaimer. I believe in god and a higher spiritual state however I do not believe that god can be encapsulated in any one religion.
    That being said, I was thinking the other day about the upsoming high holy day of Dubdom, the memorial.
    This is where they gather together to ...what? What do most do? Listen to a talk about the last hours of Jesus life and then pass wine and bread around. Do most eat and drink as was commanded in the bible? NO. Most pass it on. They gather together to pass the symbols on. It seems to me this is a symbolic REJECTION of Jesus and not a rememberance of him. Any thoughts?

• aChristian
    aChristian

I couldn't agree more.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Dittos!

• neyank
    neyank

Hi NikL,
    That's what I've been saying.
    The way the WTS celebrates the memorialis a disgrace.
    They claim only the 144,000 should partake of the emblems.
    Where does it say that in the Bible?
    They say that is so because Jesus told His disciples to do this in
    memory of Me at the Last Supper.
    I think this is another case of the WTS adding more to the scriptures
    than was actually said.
    I think it is up to the individual person to decide if he/she wants to partake.

Let's remember,there weren't that many followers of Christ at that particular
    time. It was after the Crucifiction that the disciples really went to work
    spreading the Good News of Christ.

So with that thought in mind,don't you think Jesus would have told all followers to
    do this?
    Plus the fact that Jesus knew what was going to happen to Him. As a human
    He must have been tearing up inside. And the Last Supper was with those
    that He started out with. Ones He had a special bond with.

Could it be that because the disciples were to tell the world the Good News
    of Christ, they were also to tell the world to observe the memorial and partake of the emblems?

Just my thoughts on the matter.
    neyank

• willy_think
    willy_think

neyank, spot on! it is the bigest rejection of christ in history. but it is not the only rejection of christ from the moulth of the WB&TS corp. the thing that makes me mad is, my dad and the other JW's i know, DO want to be in survice to christ but "eat" of the lie!!!! rejecting the NT to live under the law of the OT!! here is a question, think of the teachings of christ and the teachings of the WT, are thay the same?? tell me what should we reject? how dark was the "light" of yesterday that it may be made brighter today?

• Bruce144
    Bruce144

Hi,

Once you accept the fact that only the 144,000 make up the body and spiritual church of Christ will you understand why it is only for them. Right now just about all the different churches take of the memorial or last supper. Some often, some less, all claiming to be the church of Christ. This alone should alert us how ridiculous this is. How can they all be right when they disagree about their doctrines and actually hate and fight over certain issues? Granted, the Watchtower has lost the leadership of God but they still adhere to the original teachings. We are living souls, no literal hellfire, Jesus is Michael and only the 144,000 go to heaven. Those beliefs still set them apart from the rest of the world and once they understand just why the 144,000 go to heaven, sense will be made of all the different teachings that separate us from God and the truth.

Only the 144,000 are built upon the 12 apostles the foundation stones of Christ's heavenly church. They are the only ones to be spiritually joined with Christ in heaven as heirs of God and joint heirs of Jesus. Being as they must die first in effect shedding their own blood and fleshly body to join Christ in heaven, only they are invited to partake of their attachment to Christ as part of his spiritual body. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the spiritual heavens and should not even considerer being part of his body by taking the emblems.

Bruce Bainbridge

• outnfree
    outnfree

NikL,
    INSULT!
    Christ is the Mediator for ALL mankind.

Bruce144,
    BUNK!

outnfree

• NikL
    NikL

Hi Bruce144,
    You said "Once you accept the fact that only the 144,000 make up the body and spiritual church of Christ will you understand why it is only for them."
    My question for you would be why should I "accept" anything? The only thing the bible exhorts us to accept is Jesus as our savior.
    You say that, "Right now just about all the different churches take of the memorial or last supper", and "This alone should alert us how ridiculous this is. How can they all be right when they disagree about their doctrines and actually hate and fight over certain issues?".
    Prove to me that any are right! As to fighting and disagreeing over things, do not forget that Jehovah's favorite people Isreal not only fought wars but also committed one of the greatest genocides in history.
    I say it again, God is too big to fit into one religion.

• willy_think
    willy_think

nikl, "why should i accept anything?" what you believe now is what you accept. we all accept something whether it is no god, big god, many gods or little god and sometimes it can change day to day but we do all eccept. "how can thay all be right?" well if you choose to accept the bible it is very clear, no tricky language, no proficy to interpret. jesus said, " do this in remembrance of me." if you choose to not accept jesus then don't do that in rememberance of him.
    "god is to big to fit into one religion." that is something i can accept!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit