Should I or shouldn't I?

by benext 4 Replies latest jw friends

• benext
    benext

Hello, benext here. This evening I became aware that my name is on the lips of all the loving gossipers at my former place of worship. I need to be vague at this point but someone let the cat out of the bag about some personal information they had learned about me. One of the elders made it a point to have himself scheduled to give a talk at my second former place of worship. This was simply to check on me. They of course told him I haven't been attending meetings and he wasted no time returning to his home congregation to loudly lament what a shame it was. He approached someone elderly with heart problems who is close to me and, just as the serpent in the garden asked Is it really so? This scared them half to death.

What I need to know especially from former Bethelites is should I get his boss R. Walls, yes the very same R. Walls that had this jerk busted from his former corner office where he would sit at night calling his spies for info on people, involved to ask this fool why he of all people would be reponsible for originating and continuing gossip.

I am in need of your counsel. I am seriously thinking of going to their CO's visit and asking him what he thinks of this. I would try to see if he could swallow my fist but have no interest in going to jail.

Thank you.

• COMF
    COMF

If you can seriously kick ass, do so. If you're only going to make yourself look stupid, walk away.

• onacruse
    onacruse

imho, the WTS is more likely to bust somebody for gluttony than for gossip.

Gossip is the social backbone of the org.

benext, sorry that you are the target of such sociopathic behavior, but I would say: get out of it before you get used to it.

Craig (of the former Bethelite class)

PS: Is this Walls been at Bethel for over 30 years? If so, I think I know who you are talking about...the name rings a bell.

• benext
    benext

This is Ralph Walls a big name down at Bethel. The troublemaker has also been at Bethel about 20 years or so and is a big brownnoser. He doesn't have too many admirers there either. Here's a man who let his wife go to a relative's funeral by herself because he had an out of town talk scheduled a couple of weeks later and didn't want to take the time off. I am out been inactive for a year now but because I'm fairly well known this thing has taken off. I was just looking into the possiblity of driving another nail into his coffin.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Benext,

Get the troublemaker before he gets you. It sounds like this guy doesn't have any scruples, so you'll have to fight fire with fire.

As COMF said, if you think you will be the one who will walk away unscathed, go for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit