Mimickry

by Dia 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dia
    Dia

In addition to all the other huge things that bug me about JWs, I am also very insulted and annoyed at the way they 'mimic' some very deeply held religious convictions of other faiths.

Like this woman dying for refusing blood (which would have easily saved her). Dying for your faith is a profound thing to do. But for 'no blood transfusion'? What, just pick something out of a hat and then die for it? What's up with that?

STAUNCHLY refusing all the holiday stuff. And voting. And participation.

"Confession", like it has no REAL reason for its existance, which it does. And it's not there so that people have an excuse to take a voyeuristic look into your business, either!

Prayer.

Music.

Evangelism.

It's almost like they just 'make fun' of it, in an insulting way by mimicking activities and creating a lot of stupid, superfluous rules that don't really have anything to do with anything.

Unlike the very deeply held religious convictions of many, which have a profound impact on the world and the lives of those they touch.

Do you know what I'm talking about? Is this something you have also seen?

Edited by - Dia on 23 November 2002 13:12:54

• bluemoon
    bluemoon

Poor Dia, I'm sorry jw's bother you.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I suppose they had to find some unique "truths" that had not been "revealed" to any other church. Then they can claim they are the only true church because they are the only ones to whom God has revealed this revelation. Revelations are thin on the ground these days. They cant claim the "sabbath" as their unique revelation because the Adventists have claimed that one. Youve got to admit Matthew 24 v 14 is a pretty good truth to claim as uniquely your own, though their claim that no other church preaches is a fallacy of the first order.The blood thing is pretty thin. Not much scriptural support for it when you think about it. But they ve chosen to zero in on that one scripture in Acts and blow it up into size 20 font among the other verses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit