Catholic Church & FBI set example for JWs

by Amazing 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Okay, this is getting incredible ... according to FOX News this morning, the US Catholic Church has appointed a deputy director of the FBI to head up its watchdog office to monitor priests and enforce its Zero Tolerance program dealing with pedophiles ... Soooooo ... come on Watchtower GB ... hire the FBI to keep an eye on you, and we all might come flocking back home to roost! Gawd!!!

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

They have their own watchdog, oh, excuse me, watch-tower!

Guest 77

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

The WatchTower will not do that because:

• It denies there's the problem
    • It already appointed its members to do the job as Guest77 pointed out.
    • It won't look at a government or police organization to monitor their problems as they view these organizations as part of Satan, but of course, it was associated with the UN for 10 years.
    • Hire the FBI, with what money??? The GB would rather pocket the money to themselves than to hire an "outsider" to monitor their problem.

All these Jive-Turkeys will get what they deserve.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Maybe the WT is afraid of what the FBI might find in their closet, other than the pedophiles.

• AmazingProgeny
    AmazingProgeny

Hey Dad,

I don't really think you should hold the Catholic church up as any kind of example. I was on another board and found a news story that says the Vatican is ignoring the problem of girls being molested. http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/chur11072002.htm I think that before the Catholic church can be used an an example, they need to make some major changes in the way they deal with the whole issue. I am glad that one part of the church is doing something, but the whole of the church needs to change.

Jennifer

• Monster
    Monster
    AmazingProgeny Hey Dad,

Hey Amazing that's cool you have one of your little ones in here (figure of speech) So Jennifer tell me how long have you been out, and at what age did you decide to leave? Was it difficult ? Meaning hard to leave your friends behind.

Nice to meet you have a good day.

Peace James

• AmazingProgeny
    AmazingProgeny

Hi Monster,

I left about the same time as my dad (10 years ago). My last official JW thing was getting married at the Kingdom Hall. In some ways it was hard b/c I did loose my friends and I find it hard to make new friends b/c I'm so shy. It was also easy b/c I had my dad, my mom, my three siblings, and my husband leaving at the same time. We all gave each other a lot of support and we received a lot of support from our neighbors.

Life is much better outside the Borg. I'm happier and stronger. I love raising my four kids with the fun and traditions of the holidays. I think I really value the fun they have with the holidays b/c I missed it all and it is new to me through them. I love the freedom they have to just be kids and enjoy their lives.

It's nice to meet you too.

Jennifer

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Jenny: Well, you are right about the RC not being a good example ... I meant it more tougue-n-cheek ... but at least the RC is doing something, and I thought that hiring a FBI director was rather creative and clever ... at least its something ... whereas the WTS does nothing ...

I have to be nice though, because the RC has been helping me with my medical bills ... however, they have not put a lid on me ... so, yes, the RC has a long way to go to fix this problem. Talk to you soon. Love, Dad.

• barry
    barry

The SDAs have set up a commitee of people to deal with child and other sexual abuse in their church. THe commitee is made up of SDAs and also christians of other denominations so as to be objective with these terrible problems. I sent information off to Bill on this approach maybe he can use it for his purposes. I dont trust any religion or organisation in allways doing the right thing on these issues. As our Lord said 'beware of men'. Barry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit