Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions

by kelpie 7 Replies latest jw friends

• kelpie
    kelpie

Here is a nice thought for the day.. May we be like children and look for the positive things in life!!

Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions Author Unknown

When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard. My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.

When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away. My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen. My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.

When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.

My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.

When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that. My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."

When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets. My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross, and worms to play with. I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from? No wonder God loves the little children!

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. I wish you Big Mud Puddles and Sunny Yellow Dandelions!!!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."

Lifes a journey, enjoy the ride.

Kelps

Edited by - Kelpie on 4 November 2002 19:55:43

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Thanks for the "flashback" Kelpie! I remember "back in the days..."

Too often, as we all grow older, the simple things in life are easy to neglect. Your post will help me get thru today's crisis that I'm dealing with.

John Lennon once sung "Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans".

This "motto" has always been my personal favorite! When I see young children, I really admire their joy and carefree spirit. I hope to get back in touch with mine.

Thanks for your post!

Alligator Wisdom

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Wonderful article, Kelpie. LOL, I can definitely remember getting in trouble for jumping into mud puddles when a small boy, but it was sure fun.

Lew W

• kelpie
    kelpie

Alligator I am glad I can help you...

• searcher
    searcher

Kelpie.

I agree.

One thing I am gratefull for, is that I never really ' grew up ', so even now I still see certain things in a childlike manner. It gives me endless fun !

I get a lot of ' funny looks ' though. Ever see a 49 year old man jumping up and down in a puddle ?

searcher.

• kelpie
    kelpie

I am sitting here laughing to myself because Searcher I can picture you jumping up and down in a puddle squealing like a little kid.

I think we all need to do it some time. I want everyone to go jump in a puddle.. Just for the hell of it!

let me know how it feels

• searcher
    searcher

Kelpie

let me know how it feels

Wet, thats how !

and it makes my ears go red !...............when my wife catches me!

searcher.

• bay64me
    bay64me

I enjoyed reading that. I think similar thoughts myself sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit