More "interesting" FAN EMAIL

by Quotes 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

Just thought I would share this with the group.

I don't get these people. They actually take the time to write to me? And when I take the time to write a nice, friendly reply, asking for clarification, they don't have the common courtesy of sending a response. "HOW RUDE," I say.

Anyhow, here is the nasty "hit and run letter".

From: [deleted] To: [email protected] Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 2:57 AM Subject: How nice for you. Having visited your site for several minutes I came to the conclusion, "how nice for you to finally have a reason for living". Knocking the JWs. Wow, how new that is. Innovative, news worthy. ( Get a life.) P.S. In a heart beat, you're definately one of those " poor me. look what the big bad JWs did to me- boo hoo". Grow up signed, UNIMPRESSED
    Just for the record, to suggest that my "reason for living" has ANYTHING to do with the JWs is so ridiculous, it is laughable. I think such a statement is rather presumptuous as to the relative importance of the religious needle-in-the-haystack known as the JWs. Some of you on this forum will note that I don't post here much anymore, mostly because I am getting on with my post-JW life. Anyhow, after I stopped laughing, I forumulated this reply:

Dear [deleted] Thanks for taking the time to write to us. It is always nice to get feedback from visitors to our site. You seem to have concluded that our website "knocks the JWs". Your conclusion in this matter is interesting and perplexing, since our website expresses no opinion or editorial, but rather only contains direct and properly cited quotes from the Watchtower Society's publications, conveniently gathered into categories, similar to the Watchtower Society's own "Index of Publications". It is unclear how simply citing Watchtower publications "knocks the JWs". By extension, your logic suggests that a library, well stocked with Watchtower literature, also "knocks the JWs". However, surely you will agree that such a conclusion is untenable. Therefore, we respectfully ask what, specifically, at our site -- which, again, only contains Watchtower quotes -- could possibly "knock the JWs". Please advise us, so we can make any necessary changes. Sincerely, [email protected]
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com
    Of course, I will update this thread if there is a response... but don't hold your breath. In my experience, the senders of these types of "sniper-style" messages are generally intellectual cowards and unable/unwilling to stand up for themselves and enter into an intelligent, adult discussion. Oh well, it still makes for an interesting post, eh? ~Quotes
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan

Funny, t hey didn't sound unimpressed.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

A summary of his letter:

Quit quoting JW literature! It makes them look bad!
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan

Arrogance employs harshness as an allay for combatting guilt.

• deceit
    deceit

QUOTES,

Your site has to be one of the BEST sites that I have come across, the information has been EXTREMELY helpful when dealing with issues like 'we never predicted end of the world in _______ (enter year here)'

I have directed a number of people to your site, some didnt believe the quotes until they looked it up for themselves!!

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Quotes, if I were you I would have a special section on your site dedicated to fan mail. The header would read...............Loving councel from Jehovahs Witnesses who view this site.

I'm sorry, but it just gets my goat how the jw's can claim to be the "HAPPIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH" and spout out so much hate.

Shari

• searcher
    searcher

So some WT matererial is anti JW ?

Kewl !!!!!!!!

searcher.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit