AOL IM

by XBEHERE 6 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Anyone on here use AOL Instant messenger? I would really like to chat with someone 1 on 1 about some of the concerns/questions I have regarding leaving the WTS. I saw in some recent posts the question asked if arguing scares us off... or are some of us "double agents" (whatever the heck that is) or lurkers. Well the arguing didnt help in my case, not that I was scared off but saw it as pointless drivle.....sort of like the Service meetings for me lately so I stopped posting and reading most of the comments. Anyone up for an IM chat? Please let me know.

Nevermind. It was just a thought. All in all I do enjoy many of the posters on here. I appreciate Kenpodragons icy honesty, Amazing's experience, Jrizo's comical yet meaningful posts and many others. I will keep "lurking" for now I suppose.

Thanks

Edited by - XBEHERE on 30 October 2002 9:8:59

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

Hi XBEHERE yes im on aol.com

im me when you can

[email protected]

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I have IM, but I wouldn't be of much help...I've never been a dub.

• zev
    zev

i.m chat was helpful to me when i was leaving.

many people here helped just by being there and chatting about jw things, or just letting me rant.

email me and i'll be glad to help out, if i can. my email is open, just click it.

<------ somewhere over to the left.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have an IM address although it is different than my username on this board. Read my profile, if my backgroud is what you are looking for, sene me an e-mail and I will provide my IM address. I am always willing to chat.

• butalbee
    butalbee

I have aol/aim/msn/yahoo, but I''ve never been a witness, per se.

And I've blocked everybody but who's on my buddy list, cuz of some crazy IM's I got, asking me if I l'd dress up as a chicken, pluck my feathers.....you get the pt.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

XBEHERE,

To answer your question:

or are some of us "double agents" (whatever the heck that is) or lurkers.

A "double agent" in the world of spying, is someone sent from country A to spy on country B and report anything found back to his/her handlers. If they're caught at it, they are offered a choice: death or the chance to spy on their country (A). So many times they may continue to spy for A but not let on that they've been caught and "turned" and their main allegiance is now to B.

J.K. Masterson's book, The Double Cross System, is a highly interesting and sometimes amusing recital of how the British actually "ran" (controlled) many of the spies the various departments of the German government (SS, SD, Wermacht, Gestapo, and so on) sent to England to spy against the British.

Here the phrase refers to someone who appears here, pretending to be an apostate sympathizer or someone with questions, but whose real purpose is to disrupt the board via flame wars, arguments, using multiple accounts/aliases etc. A search for threads using words like "troll" or "trolling" will give a recent thread discussing strategic and tactical trolls, for instance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit