JW's break up families

by LB 8 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

MY JW friend was reinstated this past week. But during the little meeting one of the elders kept hammering her about non business visits with her adult children. He kept it up so much the other two elders began to get a bit embarressed. Didn't the society claim on their website that JW's don't break up familes?

The next night they drug one of the adult kids into the backroom and grilled him over the exact same thing. When this childs story matched up with the moms they went ahead and reinstated her. But my friend has had their eyes opened wide.

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

With that stupid elder telling her to stay away from her kids why would she want to get reinstated?

How sad for that family.

brandy

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

LB -- you are so right --- but they could not do that if these families did not allow it..LISA / Mamie kitty and ME are very small but we are a very tight family...I do not know about thm voices you hear and that they do not like you --- I LIKE YOU SO MY OPINION IS GOLD remember that --- (((((HUGS)))) queenie

• LB
    LB

With a family wedding coming up and her ex pushing hard for her not to be allowed near anything to do with the wedding, she certainly had to work hard to get reinstated.

But I have my doubts she'll be active now.

• Shakita
    Shakita

They grilled them separately to see if their stories were the same?

Sounds like the KGB, FBI, CIA, and WTBS all play the same game.

If you agree to the rules of that game like your friend is doing, she is in a no-win situation. She is playing with fire.

We just had a wedding in the family, too. Some of the ugliest JW people I know are now our in-laws. I know what the future holds for your friend, and it isn't pretty.

Mrs. Shakita

• Francois
    Francois

In my experience with the so-called elders, I have found that the best defense is a good offense. None of these guys could stand up to the kind of prying into their personal affairs that they perpetrate upon others. And they're never prepared for someone who goes on the attack, pointing out their well-known faults, foibles, false starts, and etc. If you attack hard enough with the truth, they are very slow in coming back for more.

And yes, JWs break up families. Mine was broken up. It's still broken up.

I would hate to be in those guy's shoes when they stand before the God Who Is Love, and have to explain themselves.

francois

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Nothing like getting back in, only to realize you just want to start walking away, and keep walking.

There are many reasons why we make the choices we do.

I remember this one: "To thine own self be true".

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125
    I would hate to be in those guy's shoes when they stand before the God who is love, and have to explain themselves.

Francois, my sentiments exactly! I'm sorry to hear about your family.

LB, I don't understand why she would want to be reinstated to begin with. I swear, I just don't get it. After the way I was treated by the elders back in 1999, there was no way that I wanted to be part of a organization that treated people like that. I wont get into the whole thing, but after what I went through, there was NO WAY I wanted to be a part of it! Even at the risk of losing my j.w. family. I just hope that one day they will open their eyes and get out too! Doubt that will happen, but you never know!!!

• LB
    LB

Tink she has a child getting married next month. She wants to participate in the wedding. Her ex tried very hard to make sure she never got reinstated, going so far as to turn in his own son for associating with her. She is at the point many of us reach before leaving. She believes the basics, but feels the society has gone way off track. It's a beginning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit