Just use up my time

I talk to the wind
    My words are all carried away
    I talk to the wind
    The wind does not hear
    The wind cannot hear.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Man, I loved those guys. Tossed all their records when I was assimilated (they were demonized), now I can't find them on CD.

I was so stupid then.

• Valis
    Valis

JeffT....check this out..the links also offer greatest hits and older albums for sale...and boxed sets I think..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I saw Tony Levin playing with the California Guitar Trio recently, at a little club in Dallas. I didn't realize he was such a legend at the time. it's funny, he would snap digital pictures during the breaks, and announced that they would be online by 2am or so. Gotta love a geek rocker. He's something of a good businessman too, I'd wager.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ps. Just went to the web site, and realized that Pat Mostelotto was CGT's drummer that night as well.

If anyone gets a chance to see the California Guitar Trio, I highly recomend it. You just think you've heard what a guitar can sound like.

• no one
    no one

Pom,

On "the Court..." album there was a different lineup that included Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake, And Palmer fame providing lead vocals. Pete Sinfield was also involved w/early KC.

Something else I noticed; on a recent "Behind the Music" (VH-1) about Pink Floyd, they showed a picture of Sid Barrett (when discussing his insanity) that was identical to the front cover artwork on "The Court" album. Unsure if that's where the artist got his idea, though.

• freeman
    freeman

For a number of years we have had an annual combo guitar show and concert at a university near where I live. We have had some pretty famous guitarist such as Peter Frampton who by the way is wonderful live. As I recall some years back we were fortunate enough to have had Fripp and one of the other original members of Crimson (cant remember which one) and did the show with several members of the Saturday Night Live band. When they did The Court of the Crimson King they brought the house down, wow it was just awesome!

My son tried to get the autograph of SNL lead guitarist (he knew him by sight because he saw him on TV all the time). This mad-dashing pony-tailed guitarist quite literally almost knocked my son down as he ran past bumping him with his guitar and small little amp he was carrying. As he then quickly pulled away in his vintage large tail-fined white Cat-O-Lack, I said to my son, never mind him, what about Fripp did you get his autograph? He replied who? I guess he was just to young to appreciate that he was chasing the wrong guy.

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit