I think things are going to be ok!

by mamashel 3 Replies latest jw friends

• mamashel
    mamashel

Well we have had 2 of our kids have birthdys this month. Now Today is my husbands birthday. He is the one that was raised in the troof, and has had alot of problems moving on in his life since leaving the org. One of them of course was holidays. He had a really nice time at our bonfire for the kids birthday party, but was still alittle reluctant about celebrating birthdays.

My heart was so happy when I called him on his cell phone to tell him happy birthday, and he said " thanks baby, so where ya takin me for my birthday"? I know that doesnt sound like much, but i think we have finally REALLY moved on to better things.

So to my lover and my best friend and hubby, Darrick, Happy birthday baby, I love you for life.!

Shelley (mamashel)

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

ahhhhh, how sweet!!!

Good for you guys!!! I wish you all the happiness in the world as you move on to greener pastures....

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I know what ya mean Shelly, we just started celebrating holidays and B/D's and it still is a little weird. But as time goes on it is getting more like normal. I am looking forward to the holiday season now.

Tell your hubby , Happy Birthyday...........

• gumby
    gumby

Shelly,

That was such a sweet thing to say to your man. I remember when Holidays and the other no no's we couldn't do as witnesses....took time to get used to doing them. The first time I went into a christian bookstore I shook like a leaf....scared to death. The first time I went into a CHURCH ....the same thing...scared to death. It all seems so silly now, but it takes time to get over old thinking.

Happy Birthday to your hubby and your kids.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit