Japan

by happysunshine 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Anyone have any connections with Japan?

Also, I'm trying to get touch with poster "JWD". Tried address [email protected]
    but bounced back as delivery failure. Take care- Jonathan

Edited by - happysunshine on 18 October 2002 1:59:43

• jurs
    jurs

What kind of connections? I was just in Japan the first week in September. Unfortunately I don't speak Japanese or understand the characters if thats what you mean.

jurs

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Well, xjw connections, but any connections are ok, actually. What were you doing there in Sept.?

• jurs
    jurs

My husband has an account there and goes on buisness. I went along. I don't know any Japanese witnesses. I'm not certain, but I don't think there are many JW's there.

jurs

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I moved here with my wife to Japan to serve where there is a greater need. I do understand some Japanese. Studied it for two years on my own back in the USA. And regarding the witnessing activity here, well, there are about 210,000 JW's within Japan. Very ultra conservative! Brothers must where dark suits. And shirts??!! Must be white. You're lucky if you can wear light pink. If there is any brother wearing a dark shirt, they are considered "iffy" witnesses. Does that sound like the Pharisees? The English congregations are a little more flexible. You can where a dark blue shirt. But not a suit with "4" buttons on the front.

What else would you like to know?

I'll be awaiting your reply.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother Exerting Vigorously )

Edited by - alligator wisdom on 1 November 2002 5:56:10

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Alligator Wisdom and welcome aboard!

We're glad you've surfaced here!!

I think "happysunshine" is referring to a previously regular poster here from Japan who provided us with much illuminating stories and information of the state of the Borg there. You may like to check some of those posts by "clicking" on Members and looking at all posts from JWD.

I've missed those regular reports and have wondered what happened to JWD, but now that you're there, perhaps you could update us on how things are going in that formerly "high flying" land. How are the figures looking this year?

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit