silentlambs in Germany

by silentlambs 7 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

Greetings from Germany!

We have made some excellent contacts in this country as well as other surrounding countries. There are many silent lambs who are finding their voices and exhibiting great courage to come forward. I am to meet with a young woman Thursday who was raped by her JW father who subsequently murdered the resulting baby. As we speak he remains a JW in "good standing", there are many still "in" and trying to make it work while suffering from the affects of their abuse. Another young sister who is still a teenager has to remain silent as her jw father who raped her, remarries another sister with two little girls, he to is a jw with privileges in the congregation. I leave out the details as WT would go after them in short order, but it helps the reader to see this is a very current and ongoing problem. These young women need support greater than we can offer. If anyone knows of counslers in Europe that might be willing to assist, please contact silentlambs. In Germany there is a long waiting list for assistance and it can sometimes take months to get in front of help. If you know of resources or contacts please let me know.

The stories are the same and many of these cases are documented wih correspondence directly from the Branch. It truly is a worldwide problem. I have interviewed with media outside of Germany and was able to assist in backing up the interviews of several abuse survivors. The trip to Selters was interesting as they were caught completely by surprise. They were well aware of who silentlambs was as well as Bill Bowen. They shook my hand and accepted the stuffed lamb as a gift. I will have a further report when I get home, with pictures to boot. The story was the same with all allegience going to New York and to hell with the victims. Silentlambs will have started a more organized effort in Germany to make known the child abuse issue. It is interesting to note that when the German PR man was interviewed by media and asked about child abuse in Germany he made the statement, "We have no cases of child abuse in Germany..."

"oops they did it again..."

silentlambs

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Bill.........a big thank you on your continued effort to bring these matters to light

J Gull

• Celia
    Celia

Great work Bill. What about France ? Anybody stirring things there too ?

I'll go with you as an interpreter if you decide to go

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Bill: Thanks for such a "nice" report from overseas. "Nice" in that you are there to help plow open the doors of silence and make a difference, but sad to hear of such brutal cases, all with about the same "MO" as we have heard before. I do hope there are some people who read this who may know of therapists who can help the victims in Germany and surrounding countries. As far as what the branch had to say, well, like "what else is new, eh?"

Two days ago GermanJW from this forum gave a brief report with a few pictures, FYI:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=38557&page=1&site=3#525009

Topic: Bill Bowen visits German WT branch office

GermanJW
    Bill Bowen visits German WT branch office Oct 13, 2002 13:21

On 12th October, Bill Bowen went to the German branch office in Selters/Ts. He came not further than the gate, where hewas allowed tocontact Werner Rudtke, member of the Branch Committee, via telephone. After some minutes, Rudtke excused for his "bad English" and connected to Hans Obermeier, another Bethel member. It seems that both knew whom they were dealing with.

They said this was an Americantopic and hence Brooklyn was the place to be contacted by Bowen. They said, in Germany only a few isolated casedareknown.

Bowen was accompanied by members of an Ex-JW-Organisation and a former "silent lamb".

See the story withpictures: http://www.infolink-net.de/docs/news/silentlambs-selters.htmathttp://www.xzj-infolink.de/

Thanks for the update, and for reaching so far and wide to help victims everywhere.

GRITS

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Bill,

Greeting to you in Deutschland!

Isn't it amazing that even in Europe they are told to deny that there is a problem.

Their whole objective is to give the appearance of an organization that is clean and pure and where such things just don't happen.

Of course, we know better!

• outnfree
    outnfree

Dutchie, Dutchie!

PLEASE go to the thread GRITS cited above and translate the report into better English than Un-D's translation website managed! I know you can do it, girl!

Thanks,

outnfree

• DJ
    DJ
    . I am to meet with a young woman Thursday who was raped by her JW father who subsequently murdered the resulting baby. As we speak he remains a JW in "good standing", there are many still "in" and trying to make it work while suffering

• Simon
    Simon

If ever there was any doubt that what happens is the result of policy set at HQ, the fact that the same sad stories are repeated in every county is evidence that it is.

Good to know you are able to offer help futher afield Bill, hope the trip goes well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit