"Updating" of JW Books

by reagan_oconnor 7 Replies latest jw friends

• reagan_oconnor
    reagan_oconnor

::I'm not 100% sure which forum to post this in, so if it needs to be moved, please feel free::

One thing I always questioned was why the JW literature was ever updated. If the Organization is 'directed by the Holy Spirit' then why did they need a new version of the 'Scripture Inspired' book? Why did they stop using the 'Truth' book and use the 'Paradise' book for studies? Where is all of the old old literature that they collected out of the KH libraries... 'Lamp Of God' etc.? I know the 'Aid' book was dumped because of good old Ray Franz (anyone know how he's doing?).

Secular books go through revisions constantly... third edtion, fourth edition, etc. But if the Organization is truly directed by Jehovah (gag), why do they have to keep updating? Why don't the really old books show up on the Watchtower CD-ROM?

What are they trying to hide?

~reagan

• Valis
    Valis

reagan...you can find many reasons they don't include their older racist, chauvanist, ill worded, publications here..

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Their prophetic books are the worst.

I remember studying the "Babylon" book at the book study many years ago. It was supposedly the last word on biblical prophesy, until it was discovered that there were so many errors that it was useless.

It was then replaced by the "Finished Mystery", which was the second go-round for this title. It was likewise the last word on prophesy.

It was replaced by the "Revelation Climax" book, which we studied four times, and is now unusable because there are more changes marked in the margins than there is text in the paragraphs.

I have an entire library of obsolete material. Their books have about a 10 year life span, unless they have special mightiness, then their lifespan might reach 20 years.

Anyone who claims that they are directed by God, and then proceeds to make this many mistakes, is either a fool or a liar.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

LOL Running Man!

Their books have about a 10 year life span, unless they have special mightiness, then their lifespan might reach 20 years.

Anyone who claims that they are directed by God, and then proceeds to make this many mistakes, is either a fool or a liar.

...or, perhaps with "special mightiness," they are both fools and liars.

Edited by - Nathan Natas on 8 October 2002 11:49:52

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

An interesting note I found in a 1971 Watchtower. Read down and you will see the society is refering to the the books "Then Is Finished the Mystery of God" and "Babylon the Great Has Fallen!" Gods Kingdom Rules! as being inspired. As the following sentance says "They can open your understanding to the many inspired truths it contains."

*** w71 2/1 96 Announcements ***
    Announcements

YOU

CAN UNDERSTAND "REVELATION"

Have you been puzzled by the prophetic visions of the Bible book of Revelation? Would you like to know what those visions mean and what the many symbolisms used in them represent? Since so many other prophecies of the Bible mark our period as the "last days" of the present system of things, is it not reasonable to expect an understanding of Revelation to be made available now? Would you be interested in learning how the Revelation relates to us? about the events it foretells for more than a thousand years into the future? You can by reading the books "Then Is Finished the Mystery of God" and "Babylon the Great Has Fallen!" Gods Kingdom Rules! Between these two fascinating books the entire Bible book of Revelation is discussed verse by verse. They can open your understanding to the many inspired truths it contains. These two fine Bible study aids can be had for only $1.25. As a free gift you will also receive the booklets "Look! I Am Making All Things New" and Rescuing a Great Crowd of Mankind Out of Armageddon.

Will

• Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ

Anybody ever read 1984? There's where you can find a good answer on why they "update" their literature.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Dont forget that you can still place those older books in the field.The october km, under the announcement section page 7 says the offer for jan.2003 isany book published prior to 1988 can be offered in the field.Much that has been printed in those books are no longer is taught as current truth.why do many of them have only192 pages.????? Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

It's new lite. Just less filling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit