Persecution

by spider 5 Replies latest jw friends

• spider
    spider

Witnesses are taught to expect persecution. The governement would turn against us, the media would turn against us. We were God's people after all so it was bound to happen right?

So why is it that witnesses appear so shocked that it appears to be happening now? Is it just the nature of the stories that are being shown in the media that have them so upset or is it the negetive publicity per se. As much as the average witness has been warned, somehow I doubt that they are ready to be jailed and tortured. If the Watchtower bible and Tract society were to be banned in America and Australia and Britain, I think most JW's would be pretty freaked out and would wonder "Just what the hell is going on!!!"

Of course persecution was fine in theory but how would you have coped really?

• heathen
    heathen

I would think it would be easier to cope with the persecution from unbelievers because there are alot of examples in the bible to draw encouragement from .What I think is harder to deal with would be the cult itself with their policies that victimize the victim a second time with all the abuse cases coming to the fore from within the cult these days ,it would only make people become disillusioned as to who the real enemy is.

• spider
    spider

A child has been involved in an accident. The mother and father say, "no blood" and the child dies. This is a decision that they defend. If the media get hold of the story and there is public outcry then this is persecution and the witness community can deal with it. The scriptures clearly state that blood is wrong and they feel that they have acted righteously.

A man is disfellowshipped and instantly loses his relationship with his family circle and all the friendships he has enjoyed his entire life. He later commits suicide. A story is put in the local paper speaking negetively about the JW policy on disfellowipping. This is persecution but the witnesses can accept this becasue the bible obviously states 'not to even say a greeting with such a one'. They therefore accept the persecution as they feel they have acted righteously.

A brother repeatedly rapes a young girl from the age of 5 till she is 15. When she finally goes to the elders, she is told that due to their having been no witnesses to the molestation, she should keep her mouth shut. She refuses, goes to the police and her story is included in a show exposing the JW peadophile policy. The scripture states in the old testament that there should be two witnesses to crime - it is therefore surely an acceptable policy - it must follow then that this is persecution and witnesses ought to feel that have acted rightously in this matter.

Somehow though, in this one instance, witneses can no longer feel very righteous. Somehow they can defend the other policies based on scripture but they cannot defend this one. As awful and similar as the other examples are, somehow they can be justified. Child abuse though touches people deeper than any other and maybe this is the reason that it is unsettling so many in the congregation. They believe that it is based on scripture, yet how can this policy possibly be defended?

• minimus
    minimus

The Watchtower feels Bill Bowen is persecuting them.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

I just want to show the Scriptures about PERSECUTION, and see if the Watchtower Society is being "Persecuted for Righteousness", or because they have an EVIL SATANIC ANTI-CHRIST PEDOPHILE-PROTECTION POLICY!

Is the Media "persecuting" the Jehovah's Witnesses because they believe in Jesus Christ?

MOST PEOPLE probably don't even know that Witnesses believe in Jesus at all!

Matthew 5:10: Blessed are they who have been persecuted for righteousness' sake! For theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
    Matthew 5:11: Blessed are you when they shall reproach you, and persecute you, and shall say every evil word against you, lying, on account of Me.
    Matthew 5:12: Rejoice and leap for joy, for your reward is great in Heaven; for in this way they persecuted the Prophets who were before you.

Matthew 5:44: but I say to you, Love your enemies; bless those cursing you, do well to those hating you; and pray for those abusing and persecuting you,
    Matthew 5:45: so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. Because He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and unjust.

Luke 21:12: But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you, and will persecute you, delivering you into the synagogues and prisons, being led away before kings and governors on account of My Name.

Romans 12:14: Bless those persecuting you; bless, and do not curse.

• City Fan
    City Fan

As I see it there is another problem the JWs are giving themselves if they are saying this is the start of persecution.

Persecution was meant to start AFTER the fall of Babylon the Great. Once the nations had destroyed false religion then they would turn of God's true worshippers.

Another WTS prophecy bites the dust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit