more nonJWs dating JWs...

by BostonChic16 5 Replies latest social relationships

• BostonChic16
    BostonChic16

Edited by - BostonChic16 on 13 September 2002 2:30:54

• Matty
    Matty

Well, I know personally how difficult it is to get away from the Jehovah's Witnesses when you have all your family as hardcore devotees. It looks very much as if his family knows the score with him though, but they will still be resolute to "keep him in" to save face in the congregation. Because of this he has to be determined to leave properly and stop sitting on the fence. I think it's a question of you and him having a heart to heart about it, so that you are clear what his intentions are about his religion. As for Catholicism, well a lot of people here, including me, consider this poisonous religion too, although not as bad as the Witnesses.

PS...BostonChic16, why did you delete all your post?! Are you OK?

Edited by - matty on 13 September 2002 9:22:18

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

BC

However, I've met them, and I guess they really like me. They even said I could come spend the night at their house. I've even met grandparents who are also JWs.

This is a major factor if his parents did not brow beat him when you were not around, to get rid of you.

We both go to UMASS so he's in college and seperated from his family.

Just sending him to UMASS is a big step for any JW family. I know many in that area (Boston)that are sick of the WT rules. He is correct, it is a cult.

If you get bad vibes, RUN, if not enjoy it.

HCM

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome Boston Chic

• freeman
    freeman

Years ago I dated a JW girl and it was for the wrong reasons. I was immature at the time and in retrospect the only reason I dated her was for well you know how guys are, and even that was weird.

She would have me go places, like the parking lot of a restaurant, stop there and then bring her home. This was so she would not have to lie to her mom as to why she was getting home so late. She could just say we stopped here or there etc. after the movie or whatever. Strange, she could do stuff with a worldly boy that could get her DF, but she could not lie about it to her mom?

Once I went with her to a Sunday meeting, bad idea. I got loved-bombed but it did not take at the time and I bailed after she kept pressuring me to get more and more involved with her religion.

The good news is I saw her picture taken at some type of Born Again religious retreat up on the web a few months back. At least I know she is out of the WT cult, only hope her new religion is better, I sure it is as the WT is about as bad as it gets.

My advise, not that you asked; enjoy the ride but just make it clear that you will never become part of this religion and if he balks at that even slightly, BAIL, Do not walk, RUN, get the hell out of there ASAP!

Freeman (been there, done that)

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

I became a Jw because of a girl I was dating in Highschool. I will tell you that I was clouded by the people, assuming that they were good people must mean they have the "truth"! I have come to realize they are good people, but there religion is messed up. Ck out this website it offers insight to what is going on internally. WWW.Exjws.net good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit