Has Jehovah Forgotten About The Phillipino JWs?

by Mister Biggs 7 Replies latest social current

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Interesting that the non-JW captives have somehow escaped. Could it be that the "Angel of Lot" led these captives out?

It's amazing how, if the JW captives die in captivity, then the JW's will spin it that "time and unforseen occurance" happens to all (even loyal JWs).

If they escape, they will spin it that Jehovah blessed them with a way out (perhaps even doing an article about their time in captivity, how they stayed focused, and how they witnessed to the abductors...you know, like Paul did...and how one of the abductors is now an elder...etc., etc., etc.)

They will spin it that the non-JW captives just happened to be at the right place at the right time and God had nothing to do with their escape.

They have explanations for EVERYTHING!

3 Indons kidnappers escape military cordon

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/News200209090406.htm
    The Philippine Star 09/09/2002

ZAMBOANGA CITY (AFP) Muslim kidnappers holding hostage three Indonesians have escaped a military cordon in Sulu following clashes that left eight soldiers and 14 gunmen dead, military sources said yesterday.

The sources said the kidnappers fled from the town of Luuk and were last seen heading towards the islands eastern coast.

The gunmen are led by Abdulmuin Sahiron, a relative of Abu Sayyaf chief Radullan Sahiron. The elder Sahiron has been holding Indonesian sailors Pieter Lerrech, Julkipli, and Muntu Jacobos Winowatan hostage.

The Indonesians were seized from their coal barge in June in southern Philippine seas.

The younger Sahirons group is holding four Filipina Jehovahs Witness evangelists abducted while selling cosmetics in nearby Patikul town in August.

Editied to include the article and the link!

Edited by - Mister Biggs on 9 September 2002 11:16:44

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

It seems that it is the kidnappers who have escaped. I don't think it's saying that the Indonesians made their getaway.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Kenneson-

40 Reads and you're the first one who was kind enough to point out my error. Thanks, my friend!

Nevertheless, if the outcome occurs the way that I (incorrectly) stated, the JW response will still be the same.

Thanks again, Kenneson!

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It's the jw duty to preach 'good news' - i.e. news that supports jwism - don't need to be the truth.

paduan

• Dia
    Dia

Mark my words:

Something, good or bad, will happen in the Philippines to upstage and draw attention away from the upcoming protest in Brooklyn.

The Philippines are just too vulnerable to sneaky/backdoor/do-me-a-favor/used-to-know-your-brother/anything-for-a-payoff/under-the-table crap.

And the poor Philippine JW captives are nothing more than 'props', if the WTS can figure out how to use them for its own self promotion.

Watch this unfold. Watch it carefully.

Just as Clinton bombed Iraq to take the heat off the Monica thing, so too will the WTS sacrifice their hostages, if it can serve to get the heat off of them.

The ironic thing is, the Philippine Muslims can't stand JWs. The BEST THING they could do for their own cause would be to let them go. It would pull the rug out from under the WTS and whatever 'plans' they might have for using them as a future media 'event'.

• LDH
    LDH

Well, not forgotten about them. He is just busy helping poor Africans walk through swamp-infested rivers to get to the bookstudy.

The Phillipinos might try increasing their 'donations' to the 'worldwide preaching work.' That may get some activity out of their supremely partial god, Jehovah.

Lisa

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

No, no, no...it'll turn out to be something like this:

'The Bible tells us to expect persecution as Jesus' true followers. Some of us may even die. That just proves we are God's true servants, and no one else is.'

Blech.

• Dia
    Dia

I see that today's secular/military news from the US and Manila advises that the Philippines ought to be watched very closely as they are more likely than most places to be at risk of immediate danger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit