What was your JW Regimented Schedule?

by Beans 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beans
    Beans

For us it was:

MONDAY: Family Bible Study (This is when I would get yelled at for not reading the scriptures properly)

TUESDAY: Meeting Night

WEDNESDAY: I`m free

THURSDAY: Bookstudy

FRIDAY: Study the Watchtower with Quotes(This was an option but when we started doing it we were counseled by father Quotes when it wasn`t done)

SATURDAY: Service ( While all the kids are playing outside I`m hiding behind fathers back trying not to be seen)

SUNDAY: Service (Same as above) plus the Meeting

So what does that leave a kid who is trying to grow up? Little time for homework no organized sport activities and no time to even get together with your JW friends let alone the kids on the street, a father who would once and a while not be there on a Wednesday because of a book study or an elders meeting!

Man does that sound like a wall around your life ?

Beans

Canadian Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

Edited by - Beans on 8 September 2002 13:8:29

Edited by - Beans on 8 September 2002 13:9:16

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

Wow beans, our schedules were so similar we could be the same person (oh wait, we were all witness drones so I guess we all pretty much were)!

The only difference I notice is that Monday night family study was more of a concept than an actual practice for our family. It was always an on-again-off-again thing.

-Josh

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Well, as a child it was...

MONDAY: Free

TUESDAY: Bookstudy (for which I had to prepare)

WEDNESDAY: Free

THURSDAY: TMS & Service meeting (for which I had to prepare)

FRIDAY: Family study for the Watchtower study on Sunday. Yeah, that's right. Friday night studying...our family really knew how to be fun.

SATURDAY: Service, and family study if we missed it on Friday night.

SUNDAY: Public talk, Watchtower study, and field service sometimes as well.

• goatlike
    goatlike

NO FREE TIME!! at all..
    i finally found another corrupt young bro in the congregation, we both told everyone we were 
    auxilliary pioneering together that summer. we must've looked pretty strange in the video 
    arcades dressed in full suits, packing bb guns in our magazine bags.
    anyone else here have to suffer through the daily text every morning? 
    go to all meetings and even door to door on family vacations??
  • minimus
    minimus

Nearly everyone had the same schedule. You probably show inquire what they do now.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Monday - prepare for school, service mtg parts

Tuesday - theo school/service meeting

Wednesday - service in the evening, or prepare for bookstudy

Thursday - book study

Friday - free, or prepare presentation for service

Saturday - service and prestudy WT

Sunday - study WT if hadn't done on Saturday, attend public talk, WT study

Add to this for the years we had the piano in the Hall, hours of practicing piano for the Tuesday and Sunday meetings. This was the part I really enjoyed. Lost a part of me when they went to canned music!

I delight in my Sunday mornings now. I love the fact that I don't have to rush away from work in a hurry and can have leisurely dinners on Tuesday and Thursdays. And I can volunteer for some community help things and not be prohibited by meeting attendance.

Mrs R

• SYN
    SYN

Goatlike, you rock!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit