Another Aussie JW Urban Legend #67...

by TheApostleAK 5 Replies latest jw friends

• TheApostleAK
    TheApostleAK

Anyone heard this one??

This was told during a C.O. visit talk..........John Howard (Prime Minister of Australia for those that don't know) was witnessed to by JW's a while back.............I'd expect he'd be pretty sympathetic to JW's as he is a known protector and defender of paedophiles.........remember the Govenor General and ArchBishop George Pell accusations...........

From AK

• mann377
    mann377

haven't heard that one, will he be out in service soon?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Now, now. The GG is the head of state - the PM was defending the office. Even my mother, who is a rabid republican saw the GG bashing over that supposed paedophile cover-up as nothing more than an attempt by the pro-republican media to stir up anti-Monarchy sentiment.

• jwsons
    jwsons

I heard from friends that at "down under", Mr (or Mrs) Aqualina (?), Minister of Trading (or something like that) just announced on Thursday that every vendor "go house to house" (exactly, accurately in his or her words) will be fined at least AUD2000. Anybody out there can confirm this information ? Ozzipost or someone else can you tell us more about this ?

jwsons

Edited by - jwsons on 6 September 2002 21:26:36

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Aquilina is the NSW Minister for Fair Trading. The Department's website is:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/

I couldn't find anything about fining door-to-door peddlers in the Media Release Archive. Sounds like an urban myth. Better add that one, AK!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Our ministers have a habit of issuing statements to grab the headlines.

But they turn out to be just that.....statements.

No legislation, no substance.

We're used to it!

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit