Foot In The Door

by Larry 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

Anybody remember the Dubs who put their foot in the doors of householders as they were closing the it?

Peace - LL

• Europe
    Europe

Yep, I can remember that clearly. No wonder people pretend not to be home when they see them coming.

Just had two dubs at my door this morning. Told them I had " all" the answers as well (as an ex dub gave me that little book with the pre-chewed answers) and I've never seen them take to their heels so quickly!

• benext
    benext

I remember one brother, newly converted, who as he had his foot in the door was yelling at the householder "Lady, this means your life!" She told him it would mean his life if he didn't get his foot out of her door.

• LDH
    LDH

Benext that's about the funniest damn thing I've heard.....

One name: Earl Cuddeback.

Earl was a hoot.....

Lisa

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

*sharpens the corners of his storm door with a whetstone*

*waits patiently*

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

You bet Larry! We had an "elder" here who was notorious for doing that.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

What I would say if they used the foot in the door routine:

"According to Romans 13, Jehovah governs his worldy assets through wordly governments. They have authorised me to occupy and enjoy this property as I wish. My enjoyment of it will be enhanced by not having you upon it. Kindly remove yourself from Jehovah's property!"

• Quotes
    Quotes

LOL at Stephanus!

I never did that, but we did (and were taught to) open the screen door widely and hold it open while knocking on the main door. I always felt like that was entering their home by 50%.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I always felt like that was entering their home by 50%.

I've always felt that too, Quotes. Whenever I had to knock on someone's door, even when I knew them, when the screen was closed (not as a Dub, mind) and there was no doorbell, etc, I'd open the screen door, knock loudly, reclose the screen door and wait.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit