Silentlambs Atlanta Press Release

by obiefernandez 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

This Press Release was sent to all the major Atlanta news agencies earlier this week. If anyone from the Atlanta area would like to join me for the press conference please just show up or email me for directions.

Thanks,

Obie

PRESS RELEASE

September 3, 2002

Press Conference Will Announce First Ever March for Jehovahs Witness Child Rape Victims

Support Group Seeks Investigation of Church Hierarchy

WHAT:
    A local press conference announcing the Silentlambs protest march in Brooklyn, NY scheduled for late September. The marchers will be united by a common theme: they will all have experienced or been eye-witnesses of the machinations of the secretive Governing Body running the cult, which has allowed Watchtower policy to physically harm and emotionally ruin children. Kentucky-based Silentlambs, Inc. is a national non-profit organization formed to support victims of child abuse in the Jehovahs Witnesses religion.

WHEN:
    Thursday, September 5, 10:30 a.m.

WHERE:
    Buckhead Congregation Kingdom Hall of Jehovahs Witnesses

258 W Wieuca Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342

(Near intersection of Roswell and Wieuca Roads.)

Local press conferences will be held at the same time at Kingdom Halls in over a dozen major cities around the United States.

DETAILS:

The Watchtower has established a child abuse policy that has consistently hurt abuse survivors and protected child molesters. A public statement will be made that the Jehovahs Witnesses leadership (Governing Body) must stop hurting children immediately. Silentlambs is formerly requesting the church to establish a tribunal to prosecute the governing body for their crimes against children.

GENERAL INFO:

www.silentlambs.org

[email protected]

ATLANTA CONTACT:

Obie Fernandez

404-XXX-XXXX

[email protected]

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi Obie! Great job! Hope you have some company. (I hope to make the one in Orlando, weather permitting. We've got a tropical depression Eduardo going down here.)

Putting this bttt so others can see.

BTW and FYI: Bill wrote the other night he'd rather not have the exact locations published on the web, per this post on 9-2-02:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35856&page=1&site=3#483200

For locations, email silentlambs and I will forward it to those who are handling the press conferences. Now why would I want to let WT know exactly where we are going to be? ... silentlambs

Hopefully, no WT "spies" have got wind of this yet!! ;)

Much success to you tomorrow!!!!!

Let us know how it goes!

Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit