Our Minds were Raped

by LovesDubs 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I also realized this...

Did you know that for every article that you went over in a meeting, that you read and heard the information FOUR TIMES?

You read it, then underlined the answers...then it was read again in the hall and reiterated AGAIN in the answer! FOUR TIMES PEOPLE!! If that isnt brain washing...shit I dont know what is. THEN they would go over it AGAIN in a review! Then AGAIN when they redid the entire BOOK! Same thing with talks you heard over and over and over....pretty soon we were all humming along and didnt even know it.

• minimus
    minimus

I had to read this 4 times. I believe our minds were raped!

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Good Point!...Good Point...Good point...good point...

• Amazing
    Amazing

Our entire lives were raped.

• Perry
    Perry

Some more than others.

• LB
    LB

So true Perry.

We read it 4 times? Maybe that's how I broke out of the brainwashing. At the end I would only hear it twice, during the reading and the answers. Oh who am I kidding. I wasn't listening.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What? Sorry I was dozing. But my Watchtower is underlined . . . .

• Teirce
    Teirce

I was one of those who couldn't be brainwashed in the emotional ways, but was too cowardly to stand up, break away from the family and make a go of it on my own, after a lifetime of being made to feel (and to be convinced somewhat) that every person who left would become an abject failure, a prodigal son. In that sense, I was brainwashed into believing in my own inevitable failure.

I'm in university now, with a passion that reflects the vast gulf of deficit that I owe to my former slavers. Nothing can stop me now, so long as I live and breathe.

Edited by - Teirce on 2 September 2002 22:34:30

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Don't you remember...."Repetition for emphasis."

Gawd today has been a "reflective" day for me I keep hearing all those stupid JW sayings.......uggg make them stop! Paaahhhleeeeeeze!

bc

• breeze
    breeze

REMEMBER ME 57 year guy???

The method worked....the Chinese use drops of water is what I hear soon you just do it.....

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit