She lives for Jah, but will Jah let her live?

by TR 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

From http://www.greatcrowd.com/159ubb/Forum3/HTML/000147.html

I'm not the least bit afraid of being left alone, for Jehovah is the one who eventually 'satisfies the desire of every living thing', and if I don't live that belief, I don't live for the Kingdom.

The two things I am most afraid of is not qualifying to get there (new system) to see that promise come true, or losing sight of that promise by impatiently putting trust in my own ability to find the right guy now.

TR

• Simon
    Simon

It's so sad that honest-hearted people (a WT expression of course) are wasting their lives like this.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day TR,

That quotation is a "classic" of the JW frame of mind.

A JW will only ever have the hope of salvation till the day they die.

And a classic example of salvation by works, instead of by faith. A JW cannot understand that salvation comes from Jehovah's undeserved kindness (grace), not by anything we have done to deserve it. Whilst ever they fail to understand that, they are prisoners of "the Law".

Ozzie (free in Christ class)

• TR
    TR

Isn't it funny that as a JW we would say "no, we don't EARN salvation", yet at the same time, we were "spiritually dead" if we didn't conform to JW standards of "works" to show our support. Very ironic and Orwellian, to say the least.

TR

• LDH
    LDH

duckspeak, my friend, duckspeak.

• myMichelle
    myMichelle

:"honest-hearted people (a WT expression of course)"

One, of many, WT sayings that really gets on my nerves. The backhanded insult it delivers, oh for the good ole days when the WTS didn't beat around the bush to speak ill of nonJWs.

My teeth grind everytime I think back to when my husband was telling an elder that when he was younger he didn't repond to "the Truth" because his heart wasn't right. Well, what does that say about someone who said that the WTS is full of malarky after perusing the Knowledge Book and other assorted WT literature?

Okay, I feel better....I'll go get a drink of water now...

Peace and blessings,
    Michelle

• JAVA
    JAVA
    I am most afraid of is not qualifying to get there (new system) to see that promise come true

It's hard believing I had the same TowerThink at one time. Seeing quotes like this is like looking at old photo albums, but this album doesn't bring joy. Old pictures can return various memories, but old Tower quotes bring disbelief and anger because we can see right through them. We see the control, we see the waste, we see the pain that awaits each victim.

--JAVA, counting time at the Coffee Shop

Edited by - JAVA on 22 March 2001 13:47:18

• trevor
    trevor

You're right Java,
    They are victims who have been fed a line that the average fish would swim away from.
    It is such a sad waste of life. Who takes responsibity for the carnage?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit