What do you suggest?

by Ardilla 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Ardilla
    Ardilla

Hi everyone!

There's almost one year that I left the org, but I didn't know why I still have thouse guilty feelings. I'm not doing nothing what in the Bible is forbidden and I read the Crisis book form R. Franz. When I read it, I felt that it wasn't bad that I had doubts of the org, because the goverment had it too! But I still have thouse feelings...

In the other hand I became very close to a ex collegue I had in my work. She is studying the Bible with the jw for almost one year and is happy because she felt very good with the Bible knwolegde and the meetings. But she also not agree with some topic of the jw. I suggest her to investigate carefully the org, but I didn't say anything to her, because she remembered me when I began my Bible study and how I felt at the beginning.... well everything is wonderful at the beginning...

What do you recomend me? Thanks in advance

Ardilla

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

I recomend that you order and read Cult Mind Control written by Steven Hassen.I believe that it can help you understand and over come the feelings you describe.

• Prisila
    Prisila

What do we recommend about being guilty? Is that the question? If it is, DON'T. They do not feel guilty each time they look at you as the scum of the earth. THey don't feel guilty when you have 105 fever and expect you to go to the meeting. They don't feel guilty when one of their members dies because of "persecution" or because they refused to accept a blood transfusion. They don't feel guilty when children are being molested. THEY NEVER feel guilty when they do anything WRONG!!!

Guilt is horrible, and you MUST give yourself time to let it go. It takes time. But DON'T feed into it. Don't feel guilty for turning your back on lies, deception and hate. Love yourself and enjoy life. Have fun!

If the question is should you let your friend know about JW's? THE ANSWER IS YEEEEEEEEESSSS!!!! The more you get in the harder it is to get out. If you love her you will warn her subtly. Because if she perceives it as "persecution" you just threw her into their clutches even more. Be subtle, but firm and please don't allow her to be sucked in by such an unloving, tirant, hateful, and vindictive organization. I talk from experience . . .25 years in the org. indoctrinated since age 5 I'm 29 now and it's hard evry step of the way. BE PATIENT!!! It hurts horribly. I had 400 JW guests at my wedding (even though this went against Org. "advice") and NOT ONE, NOT MY MOTHER, NOT MY INLAWs, NOT MY CLOSEST DEAREST FRIENDS, LIFELONG FRIENDS will ever talk to me, EVER AGAIN. I cry every day.

Please don't feel guilty. Be thankful for what you have and live life to the fullest!!!

Love,Pris (email me if you need to)

?Hablas espa~ol ardilla? Do you speak spanish?

• garybuss
    garybuss

For many of us our recovery did not end when we researched the Watch Tower Society and understood it is flawed and not what or who it claimed to be. That was the start of our recovery. Many of us looked at theism itself and the origin and nature of the sacred writings.

Many of us struggled and denied the obvious and took vacations from our research but we returned to it and eventually found a philosophy that made sense to us, one we could live with and be at peace with ourselves.

It was at that point we started to develop a kind of tolerance and respect even for that which we formerly feared and then hated. It was a job and at times a battle, but we challenged our core beliefs and found many of them flawed. We realized we could reinvent ourselves to a degree and life became easier after we made a few changes.

Best wishes to you always,

gb

• DJ
    DJ

Dear Ardilla,

I would suggest, if you like to read.....to go to www.freeminds.org and do some reading. Randy Watters has many books that you can purchase as well. Don't stop researching. You will find out that they are not the "Truth". There are plenty of sites as well as this one to do your research. Start to unlearn what you've been taught now! Personally,I prayed for answers as well as researched. Please ask any questions that you'd like, I'd be more than pleased to answer them. I've been there too. Anytime you have a question that is torturing you, start a thread with it! Love, dj

• nancee park
    nancee park

Este informacion ensena lo que es falso sobre muchas cosas incluyendo por ejemplo lo que dice la Sociedad Atalaya de los cumpleanos, la Navidad etcetera. Aun en cosas "sencillas" no han ensenado la verdad completa. Es un sumario muy util. Puede traducirlo en todo u parte entonces compartirlo con la otra persona si ella sabe mejor espnaol.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS GOVERNING BODY APOSTATE FOR SECRET U.N. LIASON, PEDOPHILE COVERUPS ETC: There are many nice Jehovah's Witnesses (JWs) but the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society (WTS) over them, and most local WTS elders cover up child molestation and let JW pedophiles go door-to-door as proved at http://www.silentlambs.org or phone toll-free 1 877-WT-ABUSE. And this shows a UK elder handcuffed for prison because a pedophile:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/england/newsid_2123000/2123546.stm

WTS leaks state that over 23,000 JW pedophiles are on file at WTS Bethel headquarters in Brooklyn, New York (USA), most unrevealed to police despite Romans 13:1. That at least one pedophile was on the Governing Body of the WTS in the 1980s if not now also is documented: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5466&site=3 Convicted Ministerial Servant/Elder pedophiles include Gregory Blackstone at Hollis, New Hampshire; Larry Baker at Augusta, Maine; Tim Gardner at Richmond, Missouri; Manual Beliz at Othello, WA; others in the UK, France, Norway, Australia etc

WTS Awake and Watchtower magazines and elders say God opposes the UN but, until exposed, in 1991-2001 the WTS was secretly a formal U.N. associate not just to use the U.N.'s library as proved if you read the Nov 22, 1998 Awake magazine and use Search at the top at jehovahs-witness.org with "UN" or "U.N." Besides, the U.N. does not even require a group to become an official associate group in order to get a card to use its library! After this was publicized on the internet the official U.N. ties were cut but not all unofficial ties: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=34436&site=3

Christ said families would be split by those doing right and those doing wrong but WTS has formal Judicial Committees destroying families via numerous formal renderings of disfellowshipment (severe shunning). 1 Cor 6:1 only says judge "trivial" things as in business, James 2:4-13 calls judging harmful, and Paul says the "majority" (2 Cor 2:6) followed his advice to shun a wrongdoer, meaning a Minority chose not to and yet he nowhere condemns them.

Acts 15:20 says abstain from blood but 1 Sam 14:32-5 says Saul's army ate unBLED meat to not starve and no verses show God not forgiving them. Christ says God also forgave David's eating temple holy bread and that God wants Mercy Not Sacrifice. (Mt 12) The May 22, 1994 Awake tells of 26 JW kids who died without transfusions, and by common sense in massive bleeding as in car wrecks blood expanders won't save lives http://www.ajwrb.org . About 3 JWs die daily earthwide from the unscriptural policy! (Blood On The Altar by David Reed) Yet most normal identical twins transfuse whole blood to each other through a shared placenta and childrens' whole blood is sometimes found in mothers years after birth.

WTS says Christ was likely born about Oct 2, so why ignore counting back 9 months for normal conception or genetic-level birth means he was born in late December? Why insist Christmas is from the pagan Saturnalia when John 10:22-3 says Christ also celebrated the Festival of Dedication or Lights, i.e. Hannukah, which first began Dec 25 but has varied since because lunar-based? Job 1:3, 3:1-3 show Job's kids celebrated birthdays if you read all 3 verses to see day of birth is meant. At Luke 2 angels themselves celebrated Christ's birth. Santa is from Saint Nicholas, an actual red-robed Christian gift-giving elder of the Middle Ages, not a wizard or pagan god. The word Easter may as easily be from the Anglo-Saxon word eastern (Christianity came from East of England) as from the goddess Eastre, the eggs as likely from the Jewish passover egg as from paganry, common sense saying early Christians more likely using eggs and rabbits to symbolize the hope for new life by resurrection than as vesiges of pagan fertility or sex rites!

Halloween came from All Hallows (Holy Ones/Saints) Evening when parents had children dress as saints to encourage them to be good, the normally harmless pranks coming from Ireland where maybe or maybe not taken from pagans even as wedding rings, names of days, months, some Christian names in the Bible like Apollos and Jason also came from pagans. Why does the WTS call compromises holidays that attacked and replaced paganisms especially since Colossians 2:16 says let none judge you about a holiday or Sabbaths? WTS calls a cross a repugnant murder weapon but Paul said boast in it as a symbol of resurrection over death. (Ga 6:14, 1Cor 1:17-18) They say it was a stake but human remains and inscriptions show archaeologists the stauros was a cross not stake, Dr F Zugibe's research shows suffocation would be in minutes if on a stake but in hours if on outstretched cross per Lu 23:44 and Mat 27:45-6, and the word stauros can mean not just stake but cross.

Although almost only the United Pentecostals teach that Jesus is God Almighty (Jehovah) Himself, WTS says the Trinity is believing Father, Son, Spirit are one "identical" person and falsely say most all Protestant and Catholic churches teach that, even though the fact is that most all other Protestant and Catholic groups accept the trinity idea as being three totally different entities or persons forming one "Godship" (Ro 1:20), Son and Spirit sharing inherited age, power, knowledge from God just as an acorn may be only one day old but also have its genes inheriting its ancestral oak tree's age, capacity amd information!

Members are told report on each other although the Bible condemns busy-bodying. Nor are regular JWs allowed to read Judicial Committee "sin files" on themselves, many not knowing they exist often with misinformation and kept at Brooklyn's Bethel headquarters even if destroyed locally after seven years. Page 232 in the Insight book shows a picture of the Pay Attention To Yourselves And All The Flock book that elders have but do not allow non-elders to read. Page 302 in the Daniel book and pages 88 and 651 in the Proclaimers book show photos of the Knights Templar swords and the cross-with-crown-and-wreath used by Masons who sometimes use "Theocratic Warfare" tactics to change members' personalities on early WTS literature. Not surprisingly with the pedophile and other scandals, many good JWs have also complained of visual and electronic spying and harassment, including physically! Some old WT books also have the winged sun god Ra on front covers - never a Christian symbol.

Many Jehovah's Witnesses staying JWs are cutting time and money given the WTS which is declared "apostate" by silentlambs.org for endangering children, the secret U.N. liason etc. Many exJWs meet for fun ( http://exjw.meetup.com/) , get a newsletter from a fellowship united by love which is greater than forced same beliefs (Col 3:14, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian/) , join a church etc. This was written out of love for our JW families and friends as well as the public's - yours too! Please help out silentlambs.org (1 877-WT-ABUSE) in fighting for the children by making and distributing more copies today!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit