IMPORTANT - JWD Closing Down

by Kismet 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Kismet
    Kismet

The discussion Board and chat located at Jehovahs-Witness.com will be shut down permanently as of midnight (GMT), Sunday August 18, 2002.

This is primarily due to the recently added stress on Simon and his family as a result of the moderator issue. He simply does not want to see his hard work come to naught and is shutting down while still at the peak of it's success.

So how long do you think it will be before you see such an announcement here? Then what? All the whiners and complainers will have to find someplace else to complain about and the people who really benefit from this site lose out.

Simon doesn't need this aggravation in his life. Not to mention the fact that his one vacation with his family has now been ruined as a result of self absorbed trolls creating a huge controversy where there is none.

Don't feed into this. Don't feed the trolls.

• SYN
    SYN

Good grief! I nearly "browned" my pants when I saw this subject line!

And yes, that is a very good point. Thankfully I was asleep when most of the controversy was raging...

• wasasister
    wasasister

Kismet: while I understand your frustration, I do give Simon much more credit for strength than you seem to. I doubt very much that Simon takes this board as seriously as some here seem to.

I do agree that the issue of moderation has been blown waaaay out of proportion, but it seems to be three or four very vocal complainers starting, or replying to, several different threads. Other issues are being pushed onto pages 3 or 4. From my experience on various boards, these complainers have a short attention span and will either run out of steam, or leave in a huff only to return again later.

When you think about it, aren't you (and I for that matter) playing into perpetuating the problem? Maybe we should all turn off our PC's and go for a walk or something.

Best wishes,

Frustrated Wasa

PS: Simon, if you're reading this, don't worry and don't let it ruin anything IRL. We'll be fine.

• LB
    LB

I suspect it's much more likely a couple of accounts will be deleted than the board going down.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Sounds like Armegeddon prophecies. LOL

• Simon
    Simon

Don't worry - the forum is definitely not going to close!

• Kismet
    Kismet

Simon:

I for one am glad to hear that. Perhaps the shock post was over the top but people ned to get over themselves and think about the possible outcome of their actions.

This is visions of H20 all over again. I just feel really bad that you have to endure this crap.

Kismet

• LB
    LB

Ooops, another failed prophecy

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Thank you Simon!

bc (of the I believe Simon class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit