Bluegrass Anyone......?

by eyegirl 2 Replies latest social entertainment

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

I just wanted to throw out a little good publicity for my good friend Becky Schlegel. She's a great bluegrass artist with a phenomenal voice; also a terrific song writer. For anyone who is interested, i've included the link to her website. The site gives a little background about her and her music. You can even download some samples to see what she's all about. Please take a look. Thanks!!

http://www.beckyschlegel.com

• Kismet
    Kismet

Well I have to admit you are right. She does have a great voice. I am not a huge Country fan but I could easily listen to her. I wish her all success at finding a label to produce her!

Kismet

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I have never been a big bluegrass fan, but here lately I have come to appreciate it. I think it started with the Where art thy brother movie, with George Clooney. Have you heard of the Cox Family? They are in the movie too, and Suzanne Cox the female lead volcalist went to school with Denny and so did Sidney Cox, he sings and write the bands songs. All right here from little old Cotton Valley, LA. THey have such sweet voices and clean songs.

I also love Allison Kraus,,,,,,, she has been involved with the Cox family, and I think Sidney Cox wrote one of her first hits.

Denny's aunt lives in Kentucky and it was such a wonderful place, when I see the movie , it reminds me of the simple country life there. It seems like a place I would fit it, not sure my oldest son would like being a country boy, but I long for the good ole days. I have always felt like I should have been born in the 30's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit