FAMOUS QUOTES...........

by Mary 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Just to lighten the mood, let's all try to think of a famous quote and apply it to something in the Organization, see how it turns out....just in case someone's not familiar with the quote, I've put where they're really from at the bottom.........

1. "I did not - have - sexual - relations - with that woman!" --------Charles T. Russell at his divorce hearing when asked about an adulterous relationship;

2. "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."----------Judge Booze Rutherford on bribing authorities during Prohibition;

3. "Go ahead - Make My Day" ------- a COs' reaction when an elder asks if he can appear on Dateline;

4. "D'OH!" --------Freddie Franz' reaction when he was told by Ray that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607BCE;

5. "They're heeeeeear!" ---------- your 6 year old telling you that your judicial committee is just pulling up outside your house;

6. "They're baaaack! ---------- same as above after they've dug up some dirt on you;

7. "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty! I'm Free At Last!" ----------anyone who's been given the boot from the Borg.

Love to hear any ones you have!

1. Bill Clinton

2. The Godfather

3. Clint Eastwood

4. Homer Simpson

5. Poltergeist

6. Poltergeist 2

7. Martin Luther King

Edited by - MARY on 3 August 2002 21:55:12

Edited by - MARY on 3 August 2002 21:58:22

• PandaJ
    PandaJ

All in fun :)

1. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." - Elder's response to a child report reporting molestation.

2. "I find your lack of faith disturbing." - Elder's response to anyone questioning the WTS.

3. "This job would be great if it weren't for the f*cking customers." - A JW in service.

4. "Are you gonna do something, or are you just gonna stand there and bleed?" - A JW in the hospital.

5. "What if this is as good as it gets?" - Something you will never hear a JW say.

6. "Freedom baby, is never having to say your sorry." - WTS.

7. "The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." - Should be on Charles T. Russell's grave.

8. "Childhood is what you spend the rest of your life overcoming." - Anyone raised a JW.

9. "There will be no fighting in the War Room!" - Often said to Ray Franz in Governing Body meetings.

10. "I see dead people. They're everywhere." - Said by a small child on the lower level at JW convention.

1. Rhett Butler - Gone With The Wind. 2. Darth Vader - Star Wars 3. Clerks 4. Wyatt Earp - Tombstone 5. As Good As It Gets 6. Al Pacino - The Devil's Advocate 7. James Bond- Tomorrow Never Dies 8. Hope Floats 9. Peter Sellers - Dr. Strangelove 10. Sixth Sense

• Mary
    Mary

Those were hilarious!

• JanH
    JanH

1. Get that finger out of your ear! You don't know where that finger's been! (Fred Franz to Chitty)

2. He has a drinking problem. (understatement of the millennium, about Da Judge)

3. I can't lie to you about your chances, but......you have my sympathies. (HLC member to patient)

4. She's like 13 and if you even look at her funny I'm gonna stick an umbrella up your ass and open it (parent to Ted Jaracz)

5. GB member #1: God hates me, he hates me . .. GB member #2: Hate him back, it works for me.

6. You're not trying to draw a psycho pension! You really are crazy! (Da Judge to Woodworth, or vice versa)

1. Airplane!

2. (same)

3. Alien

4. the Last Boy Scout

5. Lethal Weapon

6. (same)

- Jan

• SYN
    SYN

BRILLIANT IDEA!!!

1. "Hasta la vista, baby!" Governing Body after being notified that Bill Bowen was disfellowshipped.

2. "Do you feel lucky, punk?" Apostate to Witness who arrived at his door early one Saturday morning.

3. "I can see dead people" Apostate after being invited to a Governing Body meeting.

4. "Life is pain, princess. . . anyone who says differently is selling something" Apostate to a member of the GB.

1. Terminator

2. Don't know the name of the movie!

3. Sixth Sense

4. Wesley The Princess Bride

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!" Me to my mother regarding CoC

A Few Good Men-Jack Nicholson to Tom Cruise

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

1. What? Abandon ship in this our finest hour?--Ted Jarasz

2. I got a real bad feeling about this.....JR Brown

3. I'll be back......Bill Bowen

4. Well, I'll tell heem, but I don't theenk he'll be very keen...GB assistant to Ted J.

5. I do love women, Mandrake, but I deny them my essence....Charles Taze Russell

1. Tarkan (?) in Star Wars

2. Han Solo, same

3. Arnold

4. John Cleese, french castlekeeper Monty Python/Holy Grail

5. General Jack Ripper, Dr. Strangelove

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

"Dave's not here!" - what I yell everytime a JW knocks on my door

Cheech and Chong

"Get the kid a weapon!" - what I say to my wife everytime a JW knocks on my door

Men in Black

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit