Dui Driver Kills JW in wreck

by Kenneson 5 Replies latest social current

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Another senseless tragedy caused by drinking. Story appears in the Augusta, Georgia Chronicle under the heading: "Driver charged in wreck had prior Dui conviction"

http://augustachronicle.com/stories/080102/met_174-7358.000shtml

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

i tried that link and the page could not be found

• plmkrzy
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

Once you enter the Augusta Chronicle site, click on Archive. When in Archive, click August 1, 2002 and then look for the article.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Anytime a drunk driver kills it is a tragedy.....a senseless death that could have been prevented.

I know because March 9 is the anniversary of the crash of my husband........yes, by the hands of a drunk driver. We were married 8 months and I was pregnant w/our first (and only) child. He never got to see our first anniversary or hold his daughter. This all because some idiot was too drunk to drive home!

• Ray
    Ray

Ms. Daisey Oliver (AUGUSTA, Ga.)

Web posted Friday, August 2, 2002

Send flowers to this funeral

AUGUSTA, Ga. - Ms. Daisey Hicks Oliver, 81, of Hopkins Street, entered into rest on July 30, 2002. Funeral service will be held on Saturday, August 3, 2002, at Paine College Chapel with the Brothers of Kimdom Hall. Interment in Walker Memorial Park. Survivors include one brother, Walter Hicks; one sister, Inez Martin of Augusta; a devoted nephew, Robert Brown; a host of nieces; nephew; cousins; and friends. The remains will lie in state at Paine College Chapel from 1p.m. until the hour of service. The funeral procession will leave from Peoples Funeral Home 723 Walton Way at 1:30p.m. Peoples Funeral Home.

The Augusta Chronicle August 2, 2002

Now Tell me why service to be held at Paine College Chapel instead at the Hall ? Most of my old friend held at church and then to lie in state. I believed the Brothers (Elder ?) of Kingdom Hall had given very small, super short, quick service. I bet he gived story about her on Witness service. That it. No love. No pray for her except WTBS god.

Rest in peace and God given in love for her.

Edited by - Ray on 22 August 2002 8:3:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit