WT's view on child abuse?!?!?!

by jaccilynn 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

i don't know if this has been posted before, but i looked up pedophile on the WTS's website and it pulled up the Oct 8th 1993 Awake, this is the first paragraph of the article:

Misconception: Child abusers are usually strangers, deranged misfits who abduct children and use physical force to abuse them.

In the vast majority of casesfrom 85 to 90 percent by some estimatesthe abuser is a person the child knows and trusts. Rather than using force, abusers often manipulate the child into sexual acts gradually, taking advantage of the child's limited experience and reasoning ability. (Compare 1 Corinthians 13:11 and Proverbs 22:15.) These abusers are not the drooling loners of the stereotype. Many are quite religious, respected, and well liked in the community. According to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation, "to assume that someone is not a pedophile simply because he is nice, goes to church, works hard, is kind to animals, and so on, is absurd." Recent research suggests that it is also wrong to assume that all abusers are male or that all victims are female.

this is an article about active elders that are taking the lead in congregations everywhere as we speak... how twisted can you be to read this and not link it together?!?! ugh.

• avengers
    avengers
    how twisted can you be to read this and not link it together?!?! ugh

Talk about twisted. I think you're absolutely right. There are more of these links which they cannot see.

Families. They've written books on how to raise the ideal family, but with their doctrines they've rippped apart numerous families.

They hate pedophiles, but create a paradise for them.

anymore "missing links" ??????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit