Turning disassociation around on the org

by tim3l0rd 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Recently I was researching the scripture used to justify why DA'd ones were to be shunned the same as DF'd ones and decided that this could easily be turned around. They use 2 John 9-11.

9 Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God.+ The one who does remain in this teaching is the one who has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

Reading this, it's very easy to apply this to the org since their own publications have many examples of them pushing ahead of the teaching of the Christ. While the org can argue that they aren't prophets (even though they act like it and have even used the word to describe themselves), they can't argue that they haven't pushed ahead since many of their teachings have subsequently been reversed. The original teaching of 1914, for example, is a clear indication of pushing ahead. Also the types and anti-types teachings that were recently changed, organ transplants, Jesus coming in 1914 vs Jesus presence in 1914 all are easy examples of the org "pushing ahead".

I thought this might be a useful reasoning to use with JWs who say that the GB are not prophets. I shared it with my wife (still-in and I'm still going for now) and she didn't deny that the org could be guilty of pushing ahead.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

They don't even have to be called prophets.

However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. - 1 Pet 2:1

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Thanks leaving_quietly! That's another scripture I need to add to my list of reasons I'm leaving.
  • Splash
    Splash

w11 7/15 p. 16 par. 6 Will You Heed Jehovah's Clear Warnings?
    "How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible's counsel regarding how to deal with them is clear. (Read Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11.) 'Avoid them,' says God's Word. Other translations render that phrase 'turn away from them,' 'keep away from them,' and 'stay away from them!' There is nothing ambiguous about that inspired counsel."

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT's use of Rom 16v17 and 2 Jn 9-11 is a good example of how their Mind Control works. JW's reading those Scriptures immediately think they apply to any who reject the WT's (current) interpretations.

Of course, the Apostle Paul and the writer of the John epistles were both referring to a rejection of the basic Good News, the simple early teaching of the Christian movement.

Those who choose to DA rarely, in the early days of leaving at least, have any quarrel with the basic Gospel, as taught by Paul and John "the Elder".

To use such verses as justification for inhumane and unchristian treatment of DA'd people is simply to twist scripture.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God

This ignores the fact that in order to be d/a'd and shunned , one does not have to claim a new "teaching" or deny the WTS. It is sufficient if one simply tells the elders , verbally or in writing that you do not wish to be known as a J W anymore. No reasons need be given and no questions asked

• bafh
    bafh
    w11 7/15 p. 16 par. 6 Will You Heed Jehovah's Clear Warnings?
    "How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible's counsel regarding how to deal with them is clear. (Read Romans 16:17; 2 John 9-11.) 'Avoid them,' says God's Word. Other translations render that phrase 'turn away from them,' 'keep away from them,' and 'stay away from them!' There is nothing ambiguous about that inspired counsel."
    Thus, my choice to "stay away" is justified and scriptural by their own teaching. 😎

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit