My Sweet Satan Myth

by metatron 7 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Urban legend dept. - The Led Zeppelin song "Stairway to Heaven"
    says "my sweet Satan" if played backwards.

Truth: No,it doesn't. The phrase "there's still time (to change
    the road you're on)" sounds a little like my sweet Satan - if
    you use some imagination. Anyone with common sense (an oxymoron
    these days) would have rejected this "backwards speech" stuff
    as idiotic crap.

Of course, at the time, the Society repeated this nonsense about
    backwards messages - not bothering to investigate it for themselves.

How do I know? Well, I actually used equipment to play the song
    backwards for myself.

metatron

• RubyTuesday
    RubyTuesday

Maybe we should play all the JW songs backwards!Who knows what we might learn!LOL

• Xander
    Xander

I don't recall if that song did it intentionally, but once the 'scandal' hit (it wasn't JUST the JWs claiming it to be so), a number of groups started working it into their songs.

There is a website that has the audio clips of the 'forward' and 'backward' versions of the songs. Some are pretty good - sound like real english when sung, and sound like real english when read backwards.

Some modern artists have even 'encoded' images in the audio stream - if you display the song as a (crap, can't remember the type of graph) it shows their face.

Some neat stuff you can do with audio without anyone being the wiser (unless they know to look).

• julien
    julien
    crap, can't remember the type of graph

ah that would be the rubber chicken graph

• Xander
  • heathen
    heathen

I remember a long time ago in my high school class some one brought the led zepplin stirway to heaven Zoso in and we sat around and listened to it backwards .Some actually claimed they heard the my sweet satan but I was obviously a minority not hearing it .IMO you really had to use your imagination to hear it .

• Xander
    Xander

Interestingly, on this site, the following info appears (http://www.reversespeech.com/music_reversals.htm):

[Play Stream][Download File] Play backwards. Hear words sung." The curious thing, however, is that there are no superimposed soundtracks on this song and the backward phrase is formed purely by the way the words were sung at the time the recording was made.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

To me this is far more disturbing...hee hee, actually I have always wanted to try it and see if it actually worked...here is the full site if anyone wants to check it out: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Balcony/8968/Wizard.html

T h e D e f i n i t i v e L i s t . . .

A magical mystery tour of audio/video synchronization combining
    Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon with the MGM classic The Wizard of Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit