Jw's discuss 607 in the pure language

by expatbrit 8 Replies latest jw friends

• expatbrit
  • Matty
    Matty

You can just read the jangled nerves! I love the way the thread was closed to prevent further discussion! What a larf indeed. Thanks for that Expatbrit!

• onacruse
    onacruse

"I don't put that much of trust into archeology, especially when they speak about dates."

GOOD LORD!!! (Been there, said that too)

• 2SYN
    2SYN
    "It's very important to trust in the Bible, even if it contradicts secular science"

HOOKAY!

• Xena
    Xena

Talk about your BLIND faith, huh???????????

• JanH
    JanH

That short thread is just an amazing display of total ignorance about facts. Obviously, some of them are aware of serious problems with the 607-1914 chronology, but they tout the party line blindly.

For the benefit of those who are unaware of the enormous amount of evidence against WTS chronology, I posted an old writeup in this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32094&site=3

I am aware that any mention of chronology has some attraction for crackpots like Larsguy, who apparently has forgotten to take his medicine this week. It's important not to be mislead into believing there is any serious doubt whatsoever about established neobabylonian chronology, and any cursory reading of the evidence will tell you why.

- Jan

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Didja' notice the sage advice that TiGR gave his questioning brother? He told him to check out the "Creation Book". We all know what a fine, honest piece of work that is.

-BONEZZ

• Francois
    Francois

Yep. That was the "pure language" alright. I haven't actually heard anyone speaking in pure Witnessesese in a long time. It would be nice to think that's a dying language. You know, though, I'd like to compare Witnessesese to Jonesese and see if there are similarities. Of course, that's going to be hard to do since all the Joneses are daid.

Francois

• Larsguy
    Larsguy
    I am aware that any mention of chronology has some attraction for crackpots like Larsguy, who apparently has forgotten to take his medicine this week. It's important not to be mislead into believing there is any serious doubt whatsoever about established neobabylonian chronology, and any cursory reading of the evidence will tell you why.

Hi Jan,

You know, when it comes to 587BCE, I don't have to say a thing. Josephus says it ALL. According to him, 70 years expired in FULFILLMENT of Jeremiah's prophecy for the "SERVITUDE" of those deported at the time of the last deportation. Here's that quote:

Ant. 11.1.1 "In the first year of the reign of Cyrus, which was the seventieth from the day that our people were removed out of their own land into Babylon, God commiserated the captivity and calamity of these poor people, according as he had foretold to them by Jeremiah the prophet, before the destruction of the city, that after they has served Nebuchadnezzar and his posterity, and after they had undergone that SERVITUDE seventy years, he would restore them again to the land of their fathers, and they should build their timple, and enjoy their ancient prosperity; and these things God did afford them."

ANALYSIS: Per JOSEPHUS, if seventy years of SERVITUDE are applied to the last poor ones deported in the 23rd year of Nebuchadnezzar, if Jerusalem fell in 587BCE then they didn't get back to Jerusalem until 517BCE.

Currently the Jews' return is dated to 537BCE.

So there's a discrepancy suggesting that either Josephus is wrong or the Neo-Babylonians revised their chronology shortening that period.

So I don't have to dismiss the 587BCE chronology as incompetent, Josephus does that for me quite well.

Now if you have the research to overturn, Joephus, then fine. Why not share it with us. But you can't use the VAT4956 any more since it is no longer available for use by pagan historians since it happens to be in my back pocket. Sorry.

L.G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit