Armageddon to come some other 1914?

by The_Bad_Seed 6 Replies latest jw friends

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Laughing at a few articles in the "Live Forever" book last night with my girlfriend, I noticed an alarming caption along the lines of some of those born in the 1914 generation will live to see the end of this wicked system of things, and will be 'delivered' to a hellish world not unlike the teletubbies very own. Well, I made the latter up, and the alarm I spoke of, lies not in this deeply disturbing propechy, but in the information I pulled from Statistics Canada website today where I learned that the life expectancy of Canadians is as follows:

Males: 75.8A
    Females: 81.2A

Simple math. 2002 - (we'll use the female LE because it is longer) 81.2 = 1920.8
    More Simple math. 2002 - 1914 = Doesn't matter, because the life expectancy of Canadians and Americans, (I checked) has already been exceeded by several years.

What stupid spin (new light) will (or has) the WTS have to put on this prophecy that Jehovah couldn't properly relate to his people in the first place? That there are an extreme few geriatric dubs left in the Borg that are expected to live their lives out to 160 years, and upon expiring, trigger the end? Funny, the Laugh Forever book claimed the "End" to be "right around the corner" when it should have in fact just predicted the end of Led Zeppelins career that ended the same year as the LF book was published...

...twenty years ago!

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

LOL... Badseed,

He will come in thief of the night. So, keep laughing dude!!!

• Amazing
    Amazing

The Society did finally change the meaning of the "last generation" to be whatever group was alive at the time of the outbreak of the Great Tribulation ... yet, for so many decades they did push 1914 and the 'generation' being on hand to see Arnageddon ... that is why 1975 was such an important date, because it was well within the life span of the 1914 generation ... and other world conditions made it seem very possible ... it fooled a lot of us who became JWs in the mid to late 1960s. Yep, and now here we are.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi freddie,

when he comes, the lying, wicked, fase prophet snakes called the gov body, are going to be dead meat, aren't they?

• onacruse
    onacruse

Wanna take any bets that you live longer than Fred, and that neither you, he or me see Armageddon?

Oh, sorry, taking this bet would disqualify you for survival.

So, just send me the money, and I'll gladly pay you back in paradise.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Fred,

With the burglary systems some have in our homes, we won't be caught off guard.

• Bang
    Bang

Hey Fred, I am laughing.

What sort of shabby thief do you think He means. He's been to your place - it's just that you won't know till you realise what's missin.

bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit