Watchtower on the Stock Market.

by apostate 5 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate
    apostate

Go to 10K Wizard Financials Online: http://www.tenkwizard.com

Type Watchtower in the Word Search Box

Under the results you will find that the Rand Cam Engine Corp. and the Rand Energy Group Inc. is partly owned by the Watchtower Society. http://www.tenkwizard.com/fil_blurb.asp?iacc=1316273&exp=watchtower

Here you will find information on the Rand Cam Engine: http://www.regtech.com

1995 President’s Report : http://www.regtech.com/press/press1995.htm explains that Rand Energy Group Inc. owns 5.7 million shares of REGI US who builds these engines. (See under September 21, 1994)

And how their product was developed for the military and will be licensed to the Department of Defense (See under May 11, 1994)

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

I still remember when we studied in the Revelation - It’s Grand Climax at Hand Book Ch. 37 how Jehovah will destroy those who are part of the Corrupt Commercial System and those who ruin the Earth. (Rev 11:18)

Don’t scientists blame the Combustion Engine for the environmental damage we have today?

Edited by - apostate on 8 March 2001 14:41:24

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Don’t scientists blame the Combustion Engine for the environmental damage we have today?

What are you, apostate or sumpin'?

Really if your intent is to besmirch the WT, and the indisputable facts show that that is an honorable intention, why would you have asked the above?

The web site you pointed us to says:

The Air Vapor Flow System can more than cut in half the hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide emissions produced by internal combustion engines. The device provides the engine with vapourized fuel rather than liquid gasoline, causing it to run cleaner. The system runs without a carburetor, fuel injector or fuel pump.

Looks like someone trying to be a solution to air pollution, not part of the problem.

The WT equates apostates with lies and half truths. It would be great if we could count on your support in proving them wrong.

The financial/military aspects of this are suspicious enough on their own. Thanks for pointing them out.

Edited by - SixofNine on 8 March 2001 16:5:15

• larc
    larc

Folks,

I have read alot, both on this forum and other places, about the large financial resourses of the Society. Although I have lot to fault them for, their resources don't bother me. I would be more interested in the uses of these resources beyond their stated mission. For example, Rutherford lived like royalty. If that proved to be true of the elite today, that would bother me and that should be exposed.

• Kismet
    Kismet

The Rand engine aspect came up about 6 months ago as well.

It seems the co/founder of Rand is a JW. He donoted the value of his shares to teh Scoiety but retained all voting rights and company ownership.

What this means is that the Society receives a dividend cheque each fiscal period (established by the public comany) but has no control rights or warrants in said company. The brother &/or his company then receives a tax shelter in the amount given to teh Scoiety by way of dividend or shareholder equity.

The Society has been teh regular recipient of donated shares as part of an estate or donated on loan to the Society until such as time as a donator wants to cash in the shares. So the Society holds them in trust for a publisher, reaping the financial rewards if any of said stocks.

THe MBA's you mentioned were correct in that the Society was extremely cash heavy. For the most part (up till 95 at least) they improved this through short and long term cash equivilant vehicles, GIC's , T-Bills, etc. All easily convertible should the end "come real soon" or something.

As I mention up till 95 I know the Society did not play the market except for those stocks donated from outside.

Hope that helps.

Kismet

• mommy
    mommy

So where is all the money going?
    wendy

• Kismet
    Kismet

Wendy:

Branches in the more affluent parts of teh world were assigned porer branches to look after. For example Canada had 8 branches (some in Africa, South America and Eastern Europe) that they were to send a portion of the donations received.

This money would be used by these smaller poor branches to care for the travelling overseers, missionaries, bethelites and the printing of the publications in that Country.

I will swear to my dying breathe that in the 11 years I was in bethel, I saw no evidence of anyone, any individual or group of individuals getting rich from the donations made by JW's to Bethel.

I was personal friends with several of the Governing Body during my time at Bethel. While they are comfortable, they are by no means rich. When they die there will not be a huge inheritance going to anyone.

The only exception to that is bert Schroeder. he has been a business man..a shrewd one at that for decades. made investments, and his son married into money as well, so they are all set, but this was not at the expense of brother's donations.

The money is put back into the printing and distribution efforts.

Kismet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit